Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone conceived with low progesterone?

(8 Posts)
broodynmoody Tue 05-Jan-16 09:08:26

ello I got my bloods results back this morning..and to be ovulating they needed to be 30 and mine were 29. So just under. Has anyone conceived with under the ovulation mark? He's going to repeat the test, im on cd4 and af is here. Should I get them done today? I'm just really starting to worry sad

mascaraisamust Tue 05-Jan-16 09:36:26

You should have the test done 7 days before AF. They call it a day 21 test as the average cycle is 28 days so the test would be 7 days before AF, however depending on your cycle length this could be different for you.

A pg level of 29 isn't bad! 30 indicates you have ovulated but usually between 25-30 they would assume you did ovulate maybe the day before/after you did your test.

My pg levels were 1 and 7. I got pregnant and unfortunately mc first time (I blamed low progesterone but it could have been anything) but I also had a short luteal phase (do you have this)? In other words I only had 8 days from ovulation to AF. I was prescribed progesterone pessaries which I took a few days after ovulation and now I'm 11 weeks pregnant.

So in short, yes it's possible!

goldglitter Tue 05-Jan-16 09:50:23

hello

yes - my first prog on day cd21 was 21.
My 2nd prog test I purposely went later on cd25 (I always ovulated on cd18) and it was 25.

On the 25 month I conceived twins so please do not read too much into progesterone scores to confirm ovulation. Progesterone can peak when you are asleep so I always considered the test to always catch it on its way down.

broodynmoody Tue 05-Jan-16 10:05:51

Thanks for the replies. Dr said it was borderline so I need to take another test. I had a 31 day cycle and got tested on cd 23, so 8 days before af arrived. I used clearblue dual hormone opk for the first time that month and got a peak fertility on cd 13. So should I go cd 24 this time?

mascaraisamust Tue 05-Jan-16 10:14:57

Yeah cd24. Remember to keep dtd for 3 days after the peak. I used the dual lol to get pregnant both times.

mascaraisamust Tue 05-Jan-16 10:20:08

*one, not lol!

broodynmoody Tue 05-Jan-16 11:49:09

I've only used the dual one last month and I had no smileys just a peak on cd 13. I didn't think day or two with the bloods would matter either way, it's difficult as my cycles are between 30-33 days so it's hard to pin point 7 days before af. Oh the joys of ttc

AuntieStella Tue 05-Jan-16 12:23:53

You might find the TTC topic more useful to you: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception

Many of the posters here in 'pregnancy' will not have experienced any particular issues with conceiving. Those with experience/expertise or even just handholding whilst TTC are in that topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now