Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reassurance please!

(14 Posts)
Sausage2229 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:58:44

Hello
I'm 5 weeks on Thursday. I keep getting twinges in my stomach on both sides and in the middle. I have no bleeding but do have increased discharge.
I have very sore boobs and a very sensitive nose! I haven't slept in about a week!
When I lay down I can feel my heartbeat in my stomach.
Is all this normal? I'm petrified I'm going to MC!!! Thank you in advance X

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 04-Jan-16 23:06:59

It sounds normal to me! The weird aches/pains of pregnancy never cease to amaze me. I've started at 26 weeks with agonising rib pain this evening confused
Sore boobs is par for the course-my DH couldn't go near mine without me going mad at him! And I'm sure I read that you have more mucus when your pregnant which can make your nose runnier! The discharge is normal too, it's one of the things nobody mentions about pregnancy until you're pregnant grin!

Sausage2229 Mon 04-Jan-16 23:35:53

Thank you. I've never been so anxious in all my life!! I'm convinced something bad is going to happen. Roll on September!! X

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 05-Jan-16 06:56:33

That's exactly how I was! I'm calmer now-I mellowed at around 22 weeks ish! Don't google anything and look after yoursel! Xxx

Sausage2229 Tue 05-Jan-16 21:05:46

Been kidding myself really. Had persistent pain in the same place for days now. Think it's eptopic. Will go GP tomorrow sad

zippyswife Tue 05-Jan-16 21:43:40

Go to the gp to get checked but I had pains as you describe. Was all fine with me- was just things stretching. Good luck.

Sausage2229 Tue 05-Jan-16 22:03:44

Thanks zippys, I hope it is. I've been reading all I can and can't gauge from that really. Seems hard to diagnose! X

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 05-Jan-16 22:07:32

Oh sausage I really hope you're ok - keep us posted xx

Sausage2229 Tue 05-Jan-16 22:10:16

Thank you champagne I will let you know xx

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 06-Jan-16 08:11:43

Hope you feel better today sausage-good luck for the gp xx

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 06-Jan-16 08:15:42

I'm 5w 5d with my second and I've got those same pains. I had them with DS, too, it was everything stretching. Are you registered with the midwife yet? Give them a call for a chat if you can.

LetThereBeCupcakes Wed 06-Jan-16 08:16:37

And when / if you feel ready, do feel free to come and join us on the September anti natal thread.

Sausage2229 Wed 06-Jan-16 17:47:45

Well I'm feeling much calmer today. I got myself into a right state; haven't slept properly for about a week, surprise pregnancy and stomach pains turned me into a mad woman! I went to the GP and she said I'm fine; most ectopic pregnancies cause pain around 8 weeks so very unlikely that's the cause ( also the pain isn't low enough down). Will try and relax and stay calm. What will be will be! smile

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 06-Jan-16 17:55:57

Sausage I'm really pleased you feel better and that your GP has put your mind at rest! I did think you'd maybe just got yourself upset but I didn't want to say - it's horrible when people don't take uou seriously and you're pregnant and worrying! I got in some real states earlier in my pregnancy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now