Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this the baby or a urine infection?

(5 Posts)
delilabell Mon 04-Jan-16 14:11:36

I'm 22 weeks and have felt the baby move for a while. The past few days I have woke up with back pain. It's also felt like the baby is stomping on my bladder/bits.
Is this normal or is it a urine infection? (I had one the other week and hadn't got a clue )

Heirhelp Mon 04-Jan-16 14:56:11

The only way to know is to hand in a sample and get it checked.

strangerjo Mon 04-Jan-16 17:34:28

Call the midwife or gp and get a sample tested. I get recurrent UTIs and have bought some urine analysis dipsticks to test my urine myself regularly although they're not as reliable as your doctor sending a sample to a lab for analysis.

whatsoever Mon 04-Jan-16 17:42:01

Definitely worth getting tested. Unfortunately I've felt like this for much of my pregnancy (as well as very frequent need to wee) and it's just been the baby's position and movement.

delilabell Mon 04-Jan-16 20:23:55

Thanks everyone. I was supposed to see the midwife tomorrow but I can't make the appt. Phoned them to see if I could change it but had to leave an answer phone msg as that's all they reply to amd they haven't yet.
I'll pop to the Dr's on my break and see if they'll take a sample without an appt.
It all feels so weird any kicks etc that I don't know what's normal and what's not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now