Talk

Advanced search

31 weeks and no leaky boobs?

(19 Posts)
strangerjo Mon 04-Jan-16 11:17:19

Has anyone else got to the third trimester without any colostrum/milk leaks? I'm worried that I won't be able to breastfeed. I read thyroid problems can affect breastfeeding and my thyroid blood test came back low so my gp is retesting me again in a month. I might not have a thyroid issue but I'm worried that I won't be able to feed my baby straight away.

sepa Mon 04-Jan-16 11:19:14

I'm 30+3 and don't have any. I was wondering the same thing too so it will be good to see others replies

honeysucklejasmine Mon 04-Jan-16 11:21:07

I have thyroid issues too. I am almost 33 weeks and boobs have not changed at all. They were sore for a bit in first few weeks but nothing since then.

I see the endocrinology consultant and they have not discussed breast feeding with me. However, I do have other medical conditions which may limit the time I can breastfeed for.

bittapitta Mon 04-Jan-16 11:22:11

I never leaked in pregnancy and both times ended up with oversupply when breastfeeding! So there is no link as far as I can tell.

iliketeaalot Mon 04-Jan-16 11:27:06

I'm 32 weeks and no leaky boobs so far! I didn't get leaky boobs with ds either, and had no problems feeding. I've also recently been diagnosed with thyroid issues which I probably had the first time around too. Basically, don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Doublebubblebubble Mon 04-Jan-16 11:27:51

With my DD(6) I leaked all of the time. I bf for 19 months.
With ds (11 weeks) I didn't leak at all, no soreness, boobs didn't get huge... I'm currently ebf him. (I did have a bit of an oversupply issue but that was only because I was forced to express when ds had bronchiolitis and had to be tube fed...)

...good luck op x

strangerjo Mon 04-Jan-16 12:49:39

Thank you all for your replies! It's much appreciated

HeffalumpTrap Mon 04-Jan-16 12:52:40

I didn't have leaky boobs until after breastfeeding was well established, nothing at all in pregnancy. No thyroid issues and no special problems breastfeeding (just the usual bloody tough first few weeks)

CurlsLDN Mon 04-Jan-16 12:52:44

I didn't leak at all In pregnancy or after ds was born and I was breastfeeding. Not everyone does, try not to worry

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 04-Jan-16 13:21:04

I'm 34+2 and have (maybe?) leaked once. Relax.

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 04-Jan-16 13:24:24

40+2 here & zero changes to my boobs, not even size! My breastfeeding boob measurement is the same as pre-pregnancy boob size.

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Mon 04-Jan-16 13:24:36

I didn't leak at all until bf was established then they wouldn't bloody stop.

NHKX2 Mon 04-Jan-16 14:20:13

37+3 and no leaks; at my breastfeeding class the instructor said this is normal and not indicative of supply once baby is born.

Mammabear31 Mon 04-Jan-16 14:33:46

I never had any leaks, and BF with no issues for nearly a year. HTH smile

mrslebon Mon 04-Jan-16 16:38:31

I never had any leaks before or after (C section) and BF for 22 months! I guess some people are leaky and others aren't. I won't be buying breast pads this time round as there's no point!

magpie17 Mon 04-Jan-16 16:49:44

I had no leaking at any time, my boobs were the same as always! Unfortunately I did have supply issues in the end but I think that was more down to DS being a 'breast refuser' from the minute he was born which meant the supply was only stimulated by a pump. I know people who never leaked and had no problems so don't worry!

Artioo2 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:25:10

No changes to boobs or leaking here at all before the birth in either of two pregnancies, and no problems breastfeeding. smile

whatsoever Mon 04-Jan-16 17:44:57

My boobs didn't leak at all when pregnant with DS and I'm 36 weeks this time and just the same.

I bf DS for 8 months & if anything, produced too much milk (on the odd occasion he slept through the night pre- 8m my boobs nearly exploded!) so I don't think there's any correlation between early milk production and producing it when it's needed.

Dixiechick17 Mon 04-Jan-16 19:16:55

No leaks whatsoever and have had no problems breastfeeding my DD who is seven months old, like others I also had an oversupply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now