Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

feel poorly any ideas?

(17 Posts)
ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 04-Jan-16 11:07:10

I'm 21+5 and just don't feel right. I've awful dizziness which isn't going away, nausea (normal for me I've hyperemisis) and had a cough for a while. I've rang midwife for advice and she said to see GP so waiting for an appointment. any ideas or advice? Just typing this is making the dizziness bad.

MusicalFanjo Mon 04-Jan-16 11:29:03

Could you be anaemic?

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 04-Jan-16 12:06:50

im on iron tablets, b12 & b6 already musical.

Iammad Mon 04-Jan-16 13:44:43

Low blood pressure can make you feel dizzy.

Thetruthfairy Mon 04-Jan-16 20:09:48

I had something similar last pregnancy.
I had low oxygen levels (checked at the hospital), possibly due to position of baby or low blood pressure. If you have a cough this won't help matters. I nearly fainted a few times. I also had to have an increased dose of iron.
Hope you get checked soon xx

MusicalFanjo Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:24

If you have hyperemesis are you sure you're getting enough fluids down you? This too could make you dizzy.
As can low BP.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 04-Jan-16 21:33:39

well your all right - my BP was low and dropped on standing also although no ketones in my wee I apparently look dehydrated?
GP gave me some accupunture there and then to see if it helps and wants to see me tomorrow at 11 to see how I am and if I need re-admitting. (fingers crossed not).

May09Bump Mon 04-Jan-16 21:37:07

Get checked out for gestational diabetes too - it made me dizzy prior to 28 weeks.

IndomitabIe Mon 04-Jan-16 22:17:02

The GP gave you acupuncture? An NHS GP?

Acupuncture is complete woo (lots of studies, no evidence to support it).

Hope you're feeling better, btw. Sounds a bit scary.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 04-Jan-16 22:27:18

yes - he's trained in it, I was a bit surprised wasn't expecting it!
Thank you Indom.
Think I've my test for it in a few weeks May09.

IndomitabIe Mon 04-Jan-16 22:52:53

Wow, I'm amazed the NHS allows him the time and resources to practice it.

I'm amazed he didn't give you something more... useful/evidence based for the dehydration.

I'm utterly blown away by this. And a bit concerned - make sure he's treating you properly, OP. You can't afford to have this woo nonsense when there's two of you at stake.

IndomitabIe Mon 04-Jan-16 23:06:18

Oh, just had a Google and apparently the NHS buy into this. Despite the lack of evidence (just been searching the Cochrane reviews). How...interesting.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Mon 04-Jan-16 23:28:08

I was surprised but I've got to the stage where I'll try anything, spent 90%of this pregnancy in hospital so far. If I'm still bad tomorrow think it will be a case of hospital for IV fluids.

IndomitabIe Tue 05-Jan-16 06:24:40

Yeah, I expect that'll be more effective. Hope you feel better soon.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Tue 05-Jan-16 08:40:05

thank you smile

MusicalFanjo Tue 05-Jan-16 09:47:54

How you feeling today OP?

ICantThinkOfAUsernameH Tue 05-Jan-16 12:58:47

I still feel really dizzy and been sick a few times but no where near as much as I normally am so not sure if its a coincidence or that maybe acupuncture does help the nausea - still to decide. I'm just happy I've at least another day at home with DS smile thank you for asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now