Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

things that made life easier

(8 Posts)
themumfairy Mon 04-Jan-16 10:20:50

So it's been 7 years since I was last pregnant and things have changed so much not just with the advice given etc. Things to make life a little bit easier now exist which would of been great last time round. But I'm struggling to work out which are good and which are a waste of money. I know baby don't need that much but a few little items to make looking after 3 children will be very much appreciated.
So far I've found a car mirror to let me watch baby in the baby of the car. What other things did you all find useful during the first year?

themumfairy Mon 04-Jan-16 10:22:25

Sorry awful typos there. Hope you can work out what I mean. Stupid autocorrect

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 04-Jan-16 10:29:56

Placemarking!

KatharinaRosalie Mon 04-Jan-16 15:07:29

this existed before, but with second or subsequent baby - could not have managed without Moby wrap (or similar), so you can keep the newborn close and still run after the others.

If bottle feeding, Perfect Prep machine

frangipani13 Mon 04-Jan-16 15:46:12

Perfect prep machine is bloody amazing if you plan to ff, vibrating Fisher price chair, it buying a stretchy wrap id go second hand as my 15 week old now doesn't like it very much, nappy bin, ready made bottles of formula with pre sterilized teats are v handy for first couple of weeks

WeeseKeysAreThese Mon 04-Jan-16 15:59:17

Second vote for a Moby. Also Dr browns bottles.

LaurieLemons Mon 04-Jan-16 17:07:59

A tummy tub, my DS loved it.

5madthings Mon 04-Jan-16 17:18:57

I am expecting Dc6 at easter.

I would say yes to moby wrap or close caboo type sling but if you xan find a local sling library and try before you buy as different slings suit different parents/babies.

Re perfect prep machine have never had one and just made them up with bit of hot(70 degree) water then added pre measured cooled water basically in the same way as perfect prep but without a machine. You can still make in advance providing you follow who/nhs guidelines and make with hot water, cool quickly ie under a running cold tap and then refrigerate.

Best thing for easy nappy changes in night is a baby nightie, it has arms but then the bottom is just elasticated and you push it up to change baby then pull down. John Lewis and mothercare call them baby bundlers.

Muslin cloths. Grobags I prefer no kicking covers off.

I never bothered with a nappy bin or specific baby bath, the tummy tubs are nice but cAn just use a trug tub from homebase or wherever much cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now