Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How far along were you when you thought "I can't wait anymore"?

(11 Posts)
2ManySweets Mon 04-Jan-16 10:01:58

Disclaimer: this is meant to be kinda light hearted - obviously I don't really want to meet baby in advance of her 40th week for the sake of her health but I'm just getting excited/apprehensive/impatient now!

I'm now 36 weeks pregnant and on mat leave in four days - and beside myself wanting to see the baby because I just want to see with my own eyes she's ok and healthy and happy but also just to crack on and get the labour over with - I'm apprehensive and nervous about it but also weirdly looking forward to the experience (yes, I'm mad I know).

I didn't think I'd feel so intensely until week 40 tbh; what stage were you guys at when you thought "OMG right I want to meet my baby NOW!"

X

SmashleyHop Mon 04-Jan-16 10:08:41

I was probably 37 weeks when I hit the wall. I'm 34 weeks now with baby number 4. All the three previous ones were born at 39 weeks though (one induction, one EMCS, and the last one I thought my waters had broken and when it turned out not to have happened they did a sweep which kick started my labor and she was born the next day)

Surprisingly I'm actually wishing I had more time before this one comes. Still so much to do!

Daffydil Mon 04-Jan-16 10:09:58

I'm 35 weeks, and totally fed up already!

Iammad Mon 04-Jan-16 10:10:02

I'm there right now, 38 weeks and I just want to see this little monkey now smile.

2ManySweets Mon 04-Jan-16 10:16:10

If she ends in there for much in excess of 40 weeks I'll be climbing the walls!

To be fair though, at least she'd have a February birthday; I'm already semi- planning her birthdays being Six Nations themed until she's old enough to tell me to stop it grin

2ManySweets Mon 04-Jan-16 10:16:42

*ends up in there

(Trigger finger!)

Junosmum Mon 04-Jan-16 10:36:42

37.5 weeks, really really grumpy, uncomfortable, horrendous heart burn. Increase in stretch marks and couldn't sleep. Just wanted it to be over, 3 days later and it was! I think I knew it was coming.

MadFestiveGnome Mon 04-Jan-16 10:46:39

I was 37 weeks, I think because I'd told myself baby could legitimately come then! No luck though, had to wait til 40+4 when I was properly climbing the walls! All worth the wait though.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Mon 04-Jan-16 11:12:48

About the 6 month mark both times grin

Icklepickle101 Mon 04-Jan-16 11:17:00

36+3 (yesterday)

Bastard spd and measuring 4 weeks ahead is not helping

photographerlady Mon 04-Jan-16 12:01:04

was fed up at 37 weeks, then was induced past 42 weeks on the last possible day. My first was stubborn smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now