Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I just want to ask..

(9 Posts)
AaTaq Sun 03-Jan-16 07:51:49

Hello, I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Nov 19 and my period starts on the 30th of Dec. We had unprotected sex on Jan 1 and 3. He did not do the withdrawal. Is it possible to become pregnant?

SparklyTinselTits Sun 03-Jan-16 07:58:50

Of course it very very possible. You are extremely fertile after having just had a baby.
Go do a test.

BikeRunSki Sun 03-Jan-16 08:02:11

Yes of course!
Jan 3 - so early today?

PennyHasNoSurname Sun 03-Jan-16 08:03:18

It is always possible to become pregnant when you do not use protection.

Elfishpresley Sun 03-Jan-16 08:20:29

Very possible. I'm 3 months pg with a 6 month old. My periods hadn't returned to normal, we had sex once unprotected and used the withdrawal method.

LucilleLeSueur Sun 03-Jan-16 08:27:24

I got pregnant when my dd1 was two months old, and we were using protection. It was a terrible shock - we couldn't have coped with another baby either financially, physically, or mentally.
Definitely take a test ASAP - you'll have to wait a bit though probably, at least two weeks?
Don't rely on your cycles at the moment - my period hadn't restarted when I got pregnant. In fact I still had a bit of lochia at that stage I think.

shivermytimbers Sun 03-Jan-16 08:44:55

You are still in time for emergency contraception. Probably better to do this than wait and see if you're pregnant if you don't want another pregnancy so soon. You've got 72 hours from first unprotected sex for emergency contraceptive pill (you can buy this over the counter from the chemists) or a week to get to your GP. The sooner you go the better!

AaTaq Sun 03-Jan-16 09:08:47

THank you for the replies. What would be the best emergency contraceptive pill?

Jellybean100 Sun 03-Jan-16 10:40:45

There isn't a certain type, there is only one. The morning after pill. You have 72 hours from first time you had unprotected sex for it to cover you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now