Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Emotional!!

(5 Posts)
liannenicki2016 Sat 02-Jan-16 14:13:46

Hi ladies.
I'm 29, this is my first pregnancy nearly 6 weeks and glad to say it was planned x
I suffer with borderline personality disorder and thought being pregnant would make me realise there's more to life then being depressed about nothing!
I'm feeling very down, I keep snapping and biting my mum and partners head off.
I have no energy constantly tired.
Taking my folic acid and vitamins but can't seem to snap out of it.
Any advice or just a helping hand would be amazing x

LouLou030783 Sat 02-Jan-16 16:35:42

It prob doesn't help that u already have a disorder so that combined with pregnancy hormones must be tough the tiredness is normal and can be bloody horrific I'm slowly getting over it now and I'm 15 weeks. The only thing I would say is if u feel urself getting worked up walk away go sit down for 10 mins and try breathe through it. Also if ur on medications I would speak with the doctor to find out all are OK to continue throughout pregnancy.
What I've said prob isn't much help but hope u find a resolve and have a relatively easy pregnancy x

liannenicki2016 Sat 02-Jan-16 17:47:01

Thank u x
I don't take meds anyway I try to fight through it x
My energy is so bad I literally cant move x

LouLou030783 Sat 02-Jan-16 17:49:45

It will get easier I promise xx

Sophia1984 Sat 02-Jan-16 23:09:19

Hi Lianne, Sorry you're feeling rubbish. Not sure how early you can get a booking appointment where you are, but the midwife can offer a lot of mental health support. Because I have a history of anxiety disorder, my care is going to be consultant-led, and I've been referred to see a therapist. Don't be afraid to mention it when you see her. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now