Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rib pain

(8 Posts)
MissSMartin Fri 01-Jan-16 23:57:45

Hello! I'm 37weeks pregnant and for the last 3 months or so I've suffered with really bad rib flare!
It's on the left side where baby is lying.. she's got her head down in pelvis, back up my left side pointing towards the front.. bum under my ribs and her legs curled around down by my right bottom ribs..the perfect position to be born in however she is really hurting me!, even when lying down flat I'm in pain... does anyone have any recommendations on how to relieve this pain? It brings me to tears sometimes sad dno how I could put up with this for another 3-5 weeks
Thanks in advance x

Junosmum Sat 02-Jan-16 00:09:49

No advice I'm afraid (would love some) but you have my sympathy, it really sodding hurts! Mine is worst when I lie down, it doesn't help but add to the pregnancy insomnia. Looking forward towards the end now!

ammature Sat 02-Jan-16 10:06:23

I have this too. Awful. My physio showed me some stretches which are helpful. You stand against the wall with one hand on the wall other hand on your waist and stretch over too the side. You're trying to stretch the muscles between your ribs.

Boosiehs Sat 02-Jan-16 10:09:40

Yep stretches were the only thing that helped. Sitting down, arms raised to shoulder height but bent in front of your face, then twist round each side, hold for a few seconds.

Also, sitting, arm over your head and bend over to the side to stretch. Hold for a few seconds.

BabyBNumberThree Sat 02-Jan-16 11:42:50

I could have written this. Sorry but no advice except ive just had to stretch out that side of my body to ease it. It has happened less often since baby became engaged. I Hope you get some relief soon.

MissSMartin Sat 02-Jan-16 11:46:43

Ooh! Streches great! I'll try some of them.. I have a feeling the relief is temporarily though? I suppose it's better than constant pain... im still getting it even though baby is engaged sad thanks ladies star star xx

ammature Sun 03-Jan-16 13:21:03

Mine hasn't really stopped but eased a bit. I now get burning pain at top of the bump. A really good pregnancy massage can help. The girl I see messages the muscles between the ribs. Agony but brilliant at the same time.

Torfhinn Sun 03-Jan-16 22:05:45

I had this from 20 weeks until birth. I can't help with remedies but wanted to reassure you that it dissappears immediately after birth. I slept so much better with a newborn than with that pain. Hope that gives you all some hope smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now