Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ok, so I just HAVE to tell someone . . .

(11 Posts)
Laddersinmybloodytights Fri 01-Jan-16 22:04:51

Hoping this is the right place to post (don't post too much but am an unashamedly massive lurker!(and have namechanged))

So, got a definite positive pregnancy test result today! I'm now rather excited. This is the 4th day in a row I've POAS, you know - just to make sure!

Bit of background - this will be 4th pregnancy which will hopefully be successful and result in 2nd child - have had mc, surgery for ectopic pregnancy including removal of ovary and fallopian tube, and even when pregnant the last time at quite a few weeks along that second blue line was always very very faint which made me think it wasn't really happening . . .

It's been torture knowing I have to wait until Monday to call for a GP appointment to "properly" confirm it's real.

But anyway I just had to tell SOMEONE (other than DH of course!) grin

Anyone else had exciting news over New Year? Baby related or otherwise?

Missingcaffeine Fri 01-Jan-16 22:09:56

Congratulations! That's excellent news! Woo hoo!
I'm pretty excited to be expecting my second too, but just waiting for that first scan - not for nearly another 2 weeks though and I'm already 12 weeks.

Laddersinmybloodytights Fri 01-Jan-16 22:29:21

Thank you Miss! Congratulations to you too, I can't wait for the first scan either, I was sent for early scans the last time to make sure everything in the right place so they may do that again, hopefully! Might give me an idea of how far along I actually am!

sizethree Fri 01-Jan-16 22:38:32

Super chuffed for you. Especially after such a tough journey. Wishing you a very uneventful and smooth pregnancy. X

Laddersinmybloodytights Fri 01-Jan-16 23:09:31

Thank you Size, it turns into such a long journey aswell, so hoping things go as well as the last time - no major anything until high blood pressure at the very end and had to get induced at 7 days overdue.

Oysterbabe Sat 02-Jan-16 07:37:37

Congratulations smile

SpecialStains Sun 03-Jan-16 00:30:05

Congratulations!

HappyInL0nd0n Sun 03-Jan-16 13:25:14

That's great news. Congratulations. I read somewhere that you can get a false negative, but never a false positive pregnancy test, so it sounds like the celebrations can begin! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Everythinggettingbigger Sun 03-Jan-16 16:09:20

Congratulations what a way to start the new year!

Me and my DP found out we were expecting our second boy on 22nd December but waited until Christmas day to tell everyone....it was the hardest secret to keep and it was only for a few days lol

Laddersinmybloodytights Sun 03-Jan-16 21:12:44

Thanks everyone, I think it's such a nice time of year to find out, just had to tell someone other than DH! Was hard tonight at Sunday dinner not to tell anyone and had to make sure only DH was making me 'gin' and tonics grin which will need to happen for the next few months until we can spill the beans!

AddictedtoGreys Mon 04-Jan-16 08:05:19

Congratulations! I found out Christmas Eve I am also expecting my second DC smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now