Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

15+4 and no longer feel pregnant - help

(16 Posts)
ifigoup Fri 01-Jan-16 12:53:47

This is probably just my paranoia, but is anyone else in the 2nd tri not really feeling pg anymore?

I know for a fact there's something in there: I've had 3 scans so far because of a history of recurrent mc, and we saw a good strong heartbeat every time including at 13 weeks. I have my 16-week midwife appointment next week and will be reassured if they can hear the heartbeat again then.

But apart from that: I have no sickness (never have had), no bump, can't feel any movement yet, my boobs were bigger for a while but have gone back to normal... I'm so afraid that at the 16-week appointment there'll be no heartbeat.

I was on medication to sustain the pregnancy until 13 weeks but am not any more, so it feels a but like the earlier good scans are now irrelevant if that's all that was keeping it alive.

I've had no bleeding and am now too advanced to go to the EPU, so I know I just have to wait it out until next week and see what happens. But can anyone reassure me it's normal to not really feel pg at this stage?

IndomitabIe Fri 01-Jan-16 13:00:20

Yes, I think it is normal! You're in limbo between he scans and waiting to feel the first movements.

This pregnancy, at 15 weeks I felt brilliant. Absolutely normal. As its my second and I've been eating a ton I did have a visible and growing bump. First time round I had nothing to show at 15 weeks (bloating from first trimester had gone down and bump didn't appear even a teeny bit till 16 weeks) - so I can understand your worries.

It's highly likely that everything is absolutely fine. Try to relax and enjoy feeling well (easier said than done, I know!). You've only got a few weeks till you'll be beaten from the inside and needing help to put your socks on! thankscakebrew

Minniemouse94 Fri 01-Jan-16 13:00:46

I'm 26 weeks and I have never 'felt' pregnant yet lol. Even when baby kicks, I know he's in there but it's different for everyone X

Inwaiting Fri 01-Jan-16 13:15:38

I'm 15 + 1 and feel exactly the same. I've got my energy back and sickness has subsided. Don't feel anything at all! Can't wait for baby to start moving

ifigoup Fri 01-Jan-16 13:27:47

Thanks, everyone... It's nice to know I'm not alone! I will feel so much better once there's some movement.

Mslg Fri 01-Jan-16 13:35:12

Hi love, everything sounds fine, just try to relax. Easier said than done I know when you've a history of mc. Take one day at a time smile

JellyBaby26 Fri 01-Jan-16 14:39:59

17 weeks and the same !

Rosi393 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:40:55

I am 15+1 and I feel exactly the same. No bump at all and just feel completely normal. It is so worrying 😔. I don't see the midwife for another 3 weeks.

Floweroct2 Fri 01-Jan-16 21:50:44

I know exactly how you feel, I'm 19 weeks after 3mc and I was also on meds til 12 weeks. At 15 weeks I also didn't feel pg. But just a word of warning I had midwife appt at 17 weeks and she couldn't find the heartbeat but she wasn't bothered. I got completely stressed out and booked a private scan for later that day and everything was fine so just be prepared for how you'll feel if they don't hear heartbeat, in hindsight I wish I'd asked them not to check. I'm still worrying now as I don't feel movement yet.

It's completely normal not to feel anything and also normal to feel like this so try not to worry but I know much easier said than done!

PrincessPunzie Fri 01-Jan-16 22:01:20

I was exactly the same at 15 weeks. I'm almost 18 weeks now and in the last week I've had dreadful pressure on my bladder, shooting ligament pains and, in just the last two days, the very beginnings of a bump. So don't worry, it's all on its way!

mrsmugoo Fri 01-Jan-16 22:02:40

I'm 17, almost 18 weeks and don't feel pregnant either. I felt movement earlier with my first than this one!

I keep walking into things and I've completely lost the ability to park the car - I remember losing all special awareness first time around too, so guessing everything is fine and just trying to enjoy this "easy" bit of pregnancy!

mrsmugoo Fri 01-Jan-16 22:03:36

Spacial not special obv

YouBastardSockBalls Fri 01-Jan-16 22:08:59

It's too early for movement or a bump, so don't worry about that!
With my first I just sailed through pregnancy, never had any symptoms and started to show around 7 months. Enjoy it while you can! smile

gemsparkle84 Fri 01-Jan-16 23:18:21

I'm 31 weeks and sometimes when I'm at work (I manage a very busy restaurant) I sometimes forget I'm pregnant! Apart from a big bump I don't really have other symptoms oh apart from my baby moving and back ache! Ha don't worry x

Alice1983 Fri 01-Jan-16 23:41:32

If you were on Progesterone or similar; the fading pregnancy symptoms are probably because you are not taking the meds anymore. I dont think its anything wrong; as you say; all is well in there and you have seen it for your self grin

ifigoup Sat 02-Jan-16 07:40:21

Yes, progesterone and heparin. I know it makes good clinical sense to have stopped them, but at the same time I felt a bit superstitious/ talismanic about them.

Thank you for all the reassurances that feeling like this is not out of the ordinary. And all the best to those of you still in the mire with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now