Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this just my body preparing for Labour?

(6 Posts)
Newlywed123 Fri 01-Jan-16 11:20:21

I had my mucus show Wednesday morning (Midwife confirmed). I have a cervical stitch. Last night I was getting really bad sharp pulling pains in my cervix which kept me awake (lasted over 2 hours). I also had shooting pains along my lower bump. I woke this morning had a couple more sharp pulling pains in my cervix and I've got period aches in my back and bum. (I'm 34+4)

I didn't have any of this with my daughter. I had my bloody show a couple of days after my stitch removal and contractions came a few days later.

The sharp pains in my cervix are really painful.

RosieTheCat Fri 01-Jan-16 12:08:50

If you haven't already its probably worth a call to your midwife

Newlywed123 Fri 01-Jan-16 12:23:46

She told me she'll see me again at 37 weeks and if I need anything to call triage. But I didn't know if I needed to :-)

Rpj16 Fri 01-Jan-16 20:41:58

I had similar sharp pains like you described, I called the hospital midwife who said its just baby engaging. And also a mucus plug can apparantly re-form if it comes away early. Only 5 and a bit weeks left for you! (I have 2 weeks left and its dragging...) Period pain aches sound a bit like early labour though?

Diddlydokey Fri 01-Jan-16 20:45:53

I'd go and be checked over just for peace of mind

Newlywed123 Sat 02-Jan-16 11:24:03

Baby is engaged, I haven't been feeling to bad since. Braxton hicks are more uncomfortable and I get a achy bun with them and back ache. But my cervical pains have settled. My stitch will be out 2 weeks Monday, it's gone far to fast!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now