Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy advice

(9 Posts)
hopefulmum0507 Fri 01-Jan-16 11:01:23

Hello, this is my first time on here! I'd be glad of any advice/experiences anybody has.

I'm 36 and 4-5 weeks pregnant. I'm absolutely paranoid because my only previous experience has been 2 early miscarriages (the last one being 6 years ago!). I'm experiencing things that are making me worry nearly every day - I was just wondering if anyone else has had these, or if it's possible to have these symptoms and still be fine:

Feeling very cold (unusual for me as I'm usually always warm!)
Night sweats
Back pain
Some very very pale pink discharge (very tiny amount)

Anyone got any advice..?

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 01-Jan-16 11:03:48

You're fine.

soundsystem Fri 01-Jan-16 11:11:12

All sounds perfectly normal - congrats! Maybe give 111 a ring if you're concerned and chat through with them?

hopefulmum0507 Fri 01-Jan-16 11:25:59

Ah thank you guys! I didn't really think any of those symptoms were normal.

What's 111? I'm in the UK so is that something that works here or just in the US?

Mslg Fri 01-Jan-16 11:47:39

111 is the NHS non-emergency phone number.

hopefulmum0507 Fri 01-Jan-16 12:31:31

Ah ok thanks - I've never called NHS direct before (actually, I didn't think they were still going!).

Runner05 Fri 01-Jan-16 12:46:42

Hope why don't you pop into TCC#1 grads thread. We're all around the same stage as you at the moment and very welcoming.

I'm 34 and about 6 weeks and I have all your symptoms except the pink discharge but from research it appears to be perfectly normal and you shouldn't worry unless it becomes a heavy bleed accompanied by strong period type pain.

Take care smile

hopefulmum0507 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:27:12

Thank you Hope, that's really helpful. I'm new to this site so I don't know where anything is! :-)

CarShare Fri 01-Jan-16 18:05:47

Maybe check your temperature to see if you're just coming down with a bug. I had similar discharge in early days (am now 35 weeks). Maybe get an apt with the gp to discuss but I think chances are you're absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now