Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

eaten way too much over xmas!

(10 Posts)
s098 Thu 31-Dec-15 21:47:58

Anyone else feeling bad about how much rubbish they've eaten? Feel like ive doubled in size in the last week and think baby is going to be born with serious chocolate addictionblush

applecatchers36 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:03:52

Yes feel like am incubating a big baby due to my overeating..

It doesn't help when there is so much delicious food available and relatives are keen to remind you that you are 'eating for two'..

Also think I have developed a sweet tooth since giving up alcohol. Must have got all my calories through wine before as never liked sweet things..oh dear..oh dear..

s098 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:40:38

My thinking is if i eat all the nice stuff then its not in the house and i won't stuff my face as much.
Have you got long left? Ive got just over 3 weeks, hoping baby won't suddenly get huge before then

applecatchers36 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:52:38

That is true and one way of looking at it, but we have just eaten a take away so my unhealthy eating is continuing past Christmas arghh

Am 6 months but feel bigger than I was with first pregnancy. If you have just 3 weeks you are practically there can't see a Christmas binge changing things if measurements up to now in line?

Cnmorgan13 Sat 02-Jan-16 09:07:02

Not eaten too badly but mostly sat on my backside since xmas lol

1frenchfoodie Sat 02-Jan-16 13:14:43

My family had me freaked out about with endless comments about how much I'd grown over a week long Christmas family break. Healthy(ish) food just too much of it - multiple courses for breakfast, lunch and tea. Was massively relieved to have only put on 1.5lb (1 am 31wks now).

princesspineapple Sat 02-Jan-16 14:32:47

I would estimate that my bump is about 50% baby and 50% quality Street!
I'm feeling a bit ashamed because I've been so good with watching my weight gain and making sure all the food that goes into my body will benefit baby... Then all these chocolates entered the house and that's it! Had a GTT just before Christmas and just waiting for the results... DP keeps joking that if I didn't have GD before, I certainly do now! blush

edengarden123 Mon 04-Jan-16 09:14:29

Yes and thats why im rejoining slimming world to loose the christmas fat....

BeauticianNotMagician81 Mon 04-Jan-16 10:11:16

Eden I'm not going to a slimming world class as I will wait until after the birth. However, I am using the books at home and have been following slimming world since yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised to weigh myself yesterday morning and find I've only put a lb on since before Christmas.

I don't want to lose weight when pregnant but I don't really want to put on any more. Considering I already have a big tummy it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect it to just get hard rather than get bigger would it ? Haha

edengarden123 Mon 04-Jan-16 12:22:20

The slimming world plan is great isnt it.

I had to have put on about 7lbs non baby related so i will do a gradual loss over the next month and then gain the recommended per week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now