Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who do you contact?

(7 Posts)
Colabottle10 Thu 31-Dec-15 21:42:43

6 weeks plus 2
GP seen 2 weeks ago and maternity pack given.
Note in pack states midwife will contact me between 8-10 weeks.
Went to GP yest for anti-sickness tabs which seem to be working.
Appointment with nurse next Tues to chat a few emotional and anxiety issues through as GP was not great.

Today, light brown discharge when wiping.

GP now closed of course.

Who do I contact re the spotting, if anyone? I have no midwife contact details and my hospital as an EPU but not self-referral. Doesn't seem like and A&E issue.

Who do I speak to?

Girlwithnoname1 Thu 31-Dec-15 21:49:09

Honestly I'm not sure - I had some spotting about 7 weeks too, but did with my last pregnancy & went to a&e - they nipped me up to obs& gyny for a quick scan and made me worry even more as that early they couldn't find a heartbeat so had to wait 3 weeks for another scan, this time I didn't bother as wasn't too worried about it knowing it happened last time & all was fine.
If it's worrying you, if see if you can give your maternity ward a call? The hospital switch board will put you through?
Hope it turns out to be nothing xxx

Colabottle10 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:00:33

Thanks for your reply. I'm not 'to' worried as all the reading shows it's really common and if it's bad, there's nothing I can do really is there.

Just seems like this early pregnancy lark you're pretty much left to your own devices until midwives decide to contact you, by which point I might have mc! Seems odd to have nothing early on.

ammature Thu 31-Dec-15 22:05:24

Tbh I asked my midwife this and she sort of said you don't do anything they couldn't do anything to help you anyway if there was an issue that early etc.

Colabottle10 Thu 31-Dec-15 22:20:55

I guess, but what if it's ectopic? Surely that would be picked up on an early scan?

Probably not the same but with my mare she was scanned 16 days after AI and a pregnancy was detected. She was then scanned every week up until 8 weeks and then each month until month 5!

seven201 Fri 01-Jan-16 01:17:00

I think 111 may be your best bet? Or ring the epu and ask what to do given the gp is closed. I had bleeding on a Friday night vey early on. I rang 111 on Saturday morning to ask what to do, he told me to rest and do nothing as it wasn't much blood. He did say if it got worse to ring back. In the end I had a phone appointment with the gp on Monday (as I also had bad cramps on the Saturday night) then had a scan on the Wednesday I think. All was fine with me by the way. Fingers crossed for you

TinyMonkey Fri 01-Jan-16 12:39:59

Tbh a bit of brown blood shouldn't be anything to worry about as it's old blood. If you're not experiencing any pain there's no reason to contact anyone. Lots of people experience spotting and go on to have a baby. Lots of things shifting about inside you right now.

As a pp said, if something does go wrong at 6 weeks there's nothing they can do, and it's usually failed for a good reason.

Sorry if that sounds a bit unfeeling, but I've had a few early losses and I think you have to trust your body a bit and try not to obsess over every little thing, pregnancy is a long nine months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now