Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moving during pregancy

(5 Posts)
shopaholic85 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:58:50

Hi all,

My first baby is due in early September. I am currently living between London and Wiltshire and will be moving down to Wiltshire permanently in July.

Has anyone had any experience of re-locating during pregnancy. How does this work in terms of GP/hospital/midwife appointments?

Jibberjabberjooo Thu 31-Dec-15 17:00:40

I did it at about 30 weeks. Registered with the GP as soon as I could who referred me to the midwife who saw me three days later. That was it.

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 31-Dec-15 17:01:30

As soon as you move register with a gp and ask to be referred to the midwives. They will then transfer your care.

shopaholic85 Thu 31-Dec-15 17:13:24

Thank you both! That all sounds pretty straight-forward.

prettyflowers111 Thu 31-Dec-15 17:18:00

Oh Lord yes! I moved from south France back in with my mum in wales at 15 weeks.... driving myself and my car full of possessions the entire way in one go, took around 20 hours. What was I thinking? And then when oh got back from France we moved out of my mums at around 25 weeks. As soon as I moved I contacted the maternity unit at the hospital and someone from the local team rang me back within an hour, and then she was knocking my door that same evening. It was made more complicated by the fact all other health care and test results etc were in french so she took my word for a lot of it I think. Same again when we found a rented property I just rang the team and explained I'd recently moved, I went to clinic and gave all my notes and details the following week.
Congratulations and good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now