Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Daft question about baby kicks

(7 Posts)
Cnmorgan13 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:23:26

So baby has been kicking away happily for about a month now (30 weeks) but there is one type of kick that I'm concerned about. When I'm in bed on my side, when baby 'wakes up' in the morning the kicks are really strong on the side I'm lying on and he/she kicks the other side to (so 2 places at once, doesn't do this any other time) I know it's sounds daft but I'm not crushing/obstructing the baby whilst on my side am I? It's just that the kicks are so different from the usual ones it's disconcerting confused is this normal?

JE1234 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:26:21

You're not crushing the baby, they're just responding to pressure. It's the same reason they will kick the midwife or the Doppler. You don't need to worry. Feeling the kick in two places is just them moving around.

Junosmum Thu 31-Dec-15 08:28:07

No, it's just easier to feel movement when there's pressure from the outside.

Cnmorgan13 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:31:49

Thanks! I knew it was a stupid question but it's my first pregnancy so nothing to compare to

JE1234 Thu 31-Dec-15 08:34:42

It's never a stupid question. I spend 2 hours at the hospital last night after getting in a panic over lack of movement to have the baby spend the full time kicking like it was about to explode out of me Alien style.

SkiptonLass2 Thu 31-Dec-15 09:20:57

I had something a bit like this.

After he was born, I recognised a lot of his unique little moves from the womb. When he wakes up he does this adorable little stretch and curl and flail thing and that's what I was feeling.

Kicks can be very strong, almost painful, my little dude used to make me since sometimes. When he came out he could hold his head up and everyone who handled him remarked on how strong he was.

No idea where he gets it from. Dh and I are weaklings

Cnmorgan13 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:34:24

That sounds so sweet skipton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now