Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are you still using bleach to clean?

(11 Posts)
penguinsarecool Wed 30-Dec-15 21:12:20

Are we still allowed to use bleach to clean with whilst in early stages of pregnancy?

Mslg Wed 30-Dec-15 21:44:59

I wear gloves and open a window to allow air to circulate and lessen the chance of inhaling chemicals. That would go for other cleaning products as well, oven cleaner, mildew spray, bathroom/kitchen cleaner. Maybe wear long sleeves as well to avoid contact with your skin.

Kpo58 Wed 30-Dec-15 21:54:26

I make my DH clean instead. I think that he enjoys it... hmm

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:00:57

I loved the smell of bleach when I was pregnant the last time and used lashings of it whenever possible. Also Milton, which I also used in copious quantities. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, my ds shows no adverse effects. Not sure what the current advice is though.... Probably to avoid?

YouStillLookLikeAMovie Wed 30-Dec-15 22:03:58

You are allowed to do whatever you want

As far as I am aware there is no mainstream advice not to, following normal precautions.

penguinsarecool Wed 30-Dec-15 22:04:31

I was told by a friend to avoid bleach cleaning products. Some places just need a bit of bleach from time to time in my mind.

YouStillLookLikeAMovie Wed 30-Dec-15 22:05:52

Don't take advice from well meaning friends. Look at the NHS website.

Junosmum Wed 30-Dec-15 22:07:58

For the first 6 months OH cleaned the bathroom (bleach based cleaner), after that we've shared it between us as most damage done by chemicals is in the earlier months. I still open the window etc and try not to breathe it in.

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 30-Dec-15 22:12:43

It's never stopped me! If anything pregnancy has made me more of a clean freak-I bleach all the time!

RubyWoooo Thu 31-Dec-15 04:33:53

I fucking love the smell of bleach whilst pregnant. Clearly I don't stand there inhaling the stuff, but my bathroom is extremely clean at the moment grin

don't mention bleach on any other part of MN

socktastic Thu 31-Dec-15 10:07:27

My DH has decided that I'm not allowed to clean anymore because off all the chemicals. So I let him get on with it. Then when he went out I went back and redid it all!! Opened the windows for the fumes.
Honestly, he's never cleaned a bathroom in his life as is shit at it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now