Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting nerves ay 5 weeks pregnant due to previous MC

(15 Posts)
rowdybuttons Wed 30-Dec-15 13:05:40

Hello Everyone,

I'm getting myself completely worked up due to getting some pink spotting last night when wiping, followed by beige-tinted spotting this morning. I had a miscarriage in June, at 7.5 weeks. I am currently only 5 weeks. I'm 39 and don't have any children so I think I'm getting myself additionally worked up due to feeling like time is running out.

I know it's very light but it completely floored me. I feel so helpless. My husband has insisted that I do nothing for the next few days to get some good rest. I have promised to do this.

Apart from the extremely heavy bleeding at the time of my MC, I can't recall if I had any spotting like this during that pregnancy.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Rebecca x

Keyyylaaaaa94 Wed 30-Dec-15 15:19:01

Hi Rebecca, I have had light spotting in all 3 of my healthy pregnancies, I no it's very worrying, hope all is okay!

Vap0 Wed 30-Dec-15 16:10:19

Hi Rebecca

Sorry to hear about your spotting and previous mc. I have been in that position twice this year. Both times I started spotting at 5ish weeks and unfortunately both ended up in mc. I hope that isn't the result of your spotting. I'm now pregnant again, but very newly 3+5 and am terrified of starting to spot again. I think the only thing you can do is ask your dr for 2 hcg and progesterone blood tests spaced 2 days apart so you can see if the hcg is rising at a suitable rate. You may be able to get in for a 6w scan too if you speak with your dr. I was given a 6w scan last time due to spotting and previous mc even though I had mc by then, it was booed as an early scan but was then just a check everything is leaving my body properly scan. By the way, my spotting was different to yours, mine was brown spotting both times.

Best of luck thanks

rowdybuttons Wed 30-Dec-15 17:55:58

Thanks so much for your responses. Much appreciated.

My deepest sympathies for your MCs. It must have been a very hard year for you.

They won't give me a 6 week scan, as I have only had the one MC, but I do have the option to go private for it. The EPU have said if I get concerned that I can go straight to them but I feel that I'm being silly going when it's such a small about of spotting. Saying that, if I think the spotting is getting heavier or darker I think I will definitely ask for the blood tests, like you suggested.

Alice1983 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:06:05

I have been through similar. My advice is to probably wait until 8 weeks for a scan as if you go earlier there might be no heartbeat still, they wont know a lot, etc, etc..and could just get you more worried, i am trying to hold out to 9 weeks, i had some spotting at 5 weeks, Im 7 weeks now. Had a MC last year..

rowdybuttons Fri 01-Jan-16 20:04:59

I have been monitoring this now for the past couple of days. It has moved from light pink to darker pink to brown to darker brown to dark brown with slight clotting......I've maintained a relatively brave face throughout, but have just been to the toilet and it now looks like light bleeding rather than spotting.

Should I go to a&bee over the weekend if it persists? I wouldn't be able to go to the EPU until Monday.

rowdybuttons Fri 01-Jan-16 20:07:59

Forgot to mention that I still have very sore boobs, which has been my main pregnancy symptom.

Vap0 Fri 01-Jan-16 20:13:01

Hi rowdy
There isn't much they can do if you have started miscarrying. Not really sure what to suggest you do? Perhaps phone 111 and see what they say. That's what people on here usually suggest. I've found myself in this position again today. Started brown spotting at 3+6 which I just know is the beginning of the end of number 3. After going through it twice I just know this is how it all starts. I have a telephone appointment on Tuesday afternoon with my gp who is phoning to tell me why they won't give me any progesterone. I know there is nothing they can do which is frustrating but have been told there is nothing they can do enough times now that I believe them. So, my plan is to ask for bloods as I mentioned in my previous post and also ask to be referred to the recurrent miscarriage part at the hospital, now this is the start of number 3.

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having a hard time. I really hope this doesn't end in and news for you. thanks

rowdybuttons Fri 01-Jan-16 20:35:25

Hi Vap0, I totally agree. Just been discussing with the hubby that there's probably little point me going to a&e this weekend, unless I start haemorrhaging badly - last MC was so bad it was like a horror film and they sent an ambulance to get me when I called NHS Direct. I'll try to hold out for the EPU on Monday morning instead, where I will feel properly looked after and will ask for the blood tests.

Vap0 Fri 01-Jan-16 20:54:47

Sending hugs to you. Best of luck thanks

My epu are rubbish, they won't speak to me until I'm past 6 weeks so I'm stuck with gp assistance which is minimal.

rowdybuttons Fri 01-Jan-16 21:16:28

What a shame! The whole point of their dept is they deal with things early!

Vap0 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:46:07

Hi
How did you get on with epu today. Did they give you any advice? Are you still spotting? Hope you are ok thanks

rowdybuttons Mon 04-Jan-16 23:18:37

Hi, sadly I started bleeding heavily yesterday. Went to EPU this morning and they were great. They got me an ultrasound within 15 minutes. It showed what we had already suspected, that I had miscarried. Mother Nature can be very cruel. My husband and I have comforted each other for days and have planned a week away with the dog to a cottage.

Let's both keep our fingers crossed for the future X

Eastend2015 Mon 04-Jan-16 23:52:33

So sorry to hear this. Take care of each other and best of luck in the future flowers

Vap0 Tue 05-Jan-16 09:29:02

So sorry to hear this Rebecca.
Look after yourself and dh.
thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now