Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit of a weird one here

(2 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Wed 30-Dec-15 10:56:31

Last night I had a really odd night. Thought I was dreaming but it turns out my daughter was awake most of the night and came in a few times to tell me. I had no idea though, thought I was dreaming that she was awake. I was aware of her coming in once fairly early on but after that I must have been in some kind of half awake half asleep state where I couldn't wake up properly for her. Thankfully there was nothing majorly wrong but I feel awful that she was awake so much and I wasn't awake for her and also concerned that there could have been something wrong and she wouldn't have been able to wake me. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm 26 weeks pregnant but wasn't especially tired or anything yesterday for a change.

sepa Wed 30-Dec-15 11:22:39

I have had this sort of thing but pre pregnancy. It's called sleep paralysis. Although how they describe it on NHS is not really how is get mine. Usually happens to me (and my mum funnily enough) if we are having an afternoon nap.

I don't think you should worry about it but if it happens again maybe worth talking to your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now