Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?

(3 Posts)
sophieellenb1 Tue 29-Dec-15 14:10:36

Hi everyone smile

I'm 25 and found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. This was completely unexpected and I haven't told anyone yet.

I have awful nausea all day and night, stomach won't settle, headache won't go no matter what I try. My sleep is becoming broken and I woke 9-5 so napping is a no no.

As of this morning I've had some cramping on my lower right side a lot like period pains. The pain also radiates down my right leg... When I stand up I feel a pull from my stomach to my knee.

Any ideas what this could be?

This is all so new to me I don't know where to start!

Sophie

AmyLouKin Tue 29-Dec-15 14:22:03

Hi Sophie. I had cramps like that when I was first pregnant! Can feel a bit like period pains or a bit like you have strained a muscle or something! Completely normal! I wouldn't worry if I were you! Just try to rest when you can. Go to bed early if poss, eat little and often if you can and try to keep hydrated! Paracetamol is fine to take for the headaches but try to make sure you drink enough as I know if I get dehydrated I get splitting headaches! Look after yourself and Conratulations and good luck!

sepa Tue 29-Dec-15 14:29:58

I'm sure I had it and that it would switch sides. Again, mine was period like cramps.

Congrats on your pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now