Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

eek. help. Miscarriage?

(3 Posts)
Mummytothree2016 Tue 29-Dec-15 04:40:20

Hey Guys.

I am a mum to 3 and still can't remember symptoms of previous pregnancies, including 2 previous miscarriages.

I was spotting the other day, and stayed in hospital for 15 hours. An ultrasound was done, and baby and heartbeat could not be found due to me being too early in pregnancy. But whilst they were at it, they found a massive cyst (bigger than the babies sac) on my ovary. Which is what was causing the severity of the pain.

A week later, and (sorry too much TMI) I have had a lot of brown and bright red discharge, along with sever period like cramping. I am nearly 7 weeks.

I do not really want to wait 15 hours, as I have my first ultrasound tomorrow.

Not sure if I should be going to emergency, or just wait it off till tomorrow ? smilesmileconfused

Thank you everyone!

scoobyloobyloo Tue 29-Dec-15 05:08:18

Sorry to hear you are going through this.

It's not definitely a mc but it is a threatened one. I've had 2 mc. I went to hospital with the first one as I was 11.5 weeks and the bleeding and pain was horrific.

The second one was at 6 weeks and I had cramping and lots of red blood.

If you are too early on to see anything on a scan I would say that there isn't much point in going to the hospital unless you feel sick/faint in which case an IV or painkillers might help l.

If it is a mc sadly there is nothing they can do and possibly you are better off in the comfort of your own home than in A&E which is very public and quite distressing in itself.

I hope you are ok and that it settles down soon.

Mummytothree2016 Tue 29-Dec-15 08:35:39

Thank you! smile

I am far enough to see bub now (nearly 7 weeks) but I think I was JUST before it when I went in.

I feel your pain. Xxxoo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now