Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period like cramps at 32 weeks

(5 Posts)
Georgeofthejungle Mon 28-Dec-15 12:42:18

I am 31+5 days (measuring 1 week ahead) and for the last week or 2 I have been getting cramping in my lower abdomen, just like period pains. Is this normal?

They started fairly irregular but now I am getting it a couple times a day. It doesn't last long and baby is still very active. I've read it could be baby just getting in position but thought it was a bit early for that.

Anyone had a similar experience?

SushiAndTheBanshees Mon 28-Dec-15 13:11:59

Every day. Probably early Braxton hicks.

Georgeofthejungle Mon 28-Dec-15 14:25:20

Thanks. I called the midwife and she confirmed the same. As long as I'm not leaking and they don't get super regular I'm fine - otherwise to call the hospital.

GoApeShit Mon 28-Dec-15 14:30:29

I've had these. Mainly in the evening. I thought Braxton Hicks but then I'd heard they are not supposed to be painful? I've had to take paracetamol blush

Georgeofthejungle Mon 28-Dec-15 18:21:46

The midwife said that braxton hicks can be painful and sometimes can stop you in your tracks. She asked if I was having to take paracetamol but I'm not. Maybe call your midwife if you are not sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now