Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Placenta accreta

(2 Posts)
Tftpoo Mon 28-Dec-15 10:32:15

Hello. I have suspected placenta accreta (where the placenta grows into previous c-section scar tissue). I don't have praevia though as the placenta is well clear of the cervix. An ultrasound last week was inconclusive so I had an MRI yesterday. It will be a few weeks until I get the results, in the meantime I have scared myself silly reading about the condition. It's associated with high levels of maternal death and I will very likely need a blood transfusion and hysterectomy at the same time as a c-section if I have the condition. After a difficult birth last time and a MMC earlier this year, I was hoping for a home birth but that is looking very unlikely now as even if the MRI doesn't confirm placenta accreta the consultant has said he wants to manage it as if I do have it.

Is there anyone out there who has had/has placenta accreta? Can you tell me what it was like? I have got myself into a right state reading stuff from the Royal College of Obs and Gynae and would love to talk to someone who's actually experienced the condition.

AnotherStitchInTime Thu 07-Jan-16 11:55:41

Hello tftpoo, I saw you posting on another thread. Sorry you have had no replies. I had placenta percreta with dc3 and am happy to talk to you about my experience and answer any questions you may have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now