Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I still be pregnant?

(18 Posts)
mariet149 Mon 28-Dec-15 04:35:21

I was a little fertile Dec 5th and fertile Dec 6th but very Fertile on Dec 7th and ovulated on Dec 8. I had sex on Dec 5th twice and stayed in bed afterwards the entire night then had sex Dec 6th in the morning and stayed in bed for about 5 hours afterwards. I took a digital clear blue test on Dec 25th in the evening because I missed my period on Dec 23 but it was negative. Still haven't got my period and it's the 28. Could the test be wrong or am I just very late? Positive replies only please, thanks.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 28-Dec-15 04:38:02

What do you mean by positive replies only?
Yes you could be pregnant?
Is 'you probably aren't' a negative reply?
Of course you could be pregnant if period is late and false negative are possible. Test again tomorrow and I hope it's the outcome you hope for.

Hurr1cane Mon 28-Dec-15 04:54:03

You could be. Or you could be late because your diet drastically changes over Christmas

mariet149 Mon 28-Dec-15 04:57:24

I just mean no rudeness.

mariet149 Mon 28-Dec-15 04:59:09

My diet hasn't change. I only eat fish and salads and somtimes chicken.

BBQueen Mon 28-Dec-15 05:04:51

Do you really only eat fish, chicken and salad? If you are very thin, your periods may be erratic anyway? If your periods are regular, you may well be pregnant (with pregnancy tests - negative means "maybe" and positive means "definitely").

You may well need to revisit your diet for a healthy pregnancy though.

BBQueen Mon 28-Dec-15 05:05:36

*too many may wells - I need to get some sleep

BugPlaster Mon 28-Dec-15 05:10:06

As pp, I understood it is possible to get a false negative but not a false positive so yes, you could be pregnant.

mariet149 Mon 28-Dec-15 05:15:25

I had 2 children and the same diet then and still now.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 28-Dec-15 08:13:41

Why would anyone be rude to you for this question? I didn't need a PM saying that.

Dixiechick17 Mon 28-Dec-15 09:30:56

Clear blue digitals are notorious for throwing up falsr negatives. Try a normal clear blue or first response test to get an accurate test result. Some people don't get a positive on a digital until a couple of weeks after a missed period

Whoknewitcouldbeso Mon 28-Dec-15 09:33:17

I would say that digitalis are less sensitive than other tests in my experience so definitely worth taking a more sensitive test to make sure.

MoggyP Mon 28-Dec-15 09:39:01

You've posted in pregnancy, not conception, so I took it that you were asking if your established pregnancy was stil, continuing.

But seem to be asking if you might have conceived.

Or do you have a history of very early MC? Because I can see why you could tie yourself up in knots if you assume a pregnancy that is not continuing on the basis of earlier experience.

Yes, conception is always a possibility if you have had unprotected sex. But, sorry, there is no way to say if you conceived this cycle and were even briefly pregnant, unless it does continue and will therefore show on a test idc.

Mslg Mon 28-Dec-15 10:25:33

You need to post in conception for this. Although I can never fathom why people ask this question if they are having unprotected sex. Of
Course you could be pregnant if you had unprotected sex around your fertile time, you don't need a forum to tell you that.

Test again in a week. If you are pregnant your HcG levels will be high enough to detect then.

Mslg Mon 28-Dec-15 10:29:47

Plus, this is the second time this week you've posted this thread and you were given the same advice there as well.

Kaytee1987 Mon 28-Dec-15 12:16:49

Mariet I'm not sure why you are asking this again. Quite a few people have suggested that you wait a few days and do another test. No one on the Internet can tell you if you're pregnant.

GoApeShit Mon 28-Dec-15 12:21:28

Yawn.

angelpuffs Mon 28-Dec-15 13:28:57

I took my first pregnancy test 9 days after I conceived- it was negative. Repeated the test 6 days later- so 15 days after I conceived- and it was positive. Did you take a test today? If it's still negative, then you're probably not pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now