Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First time pregnant find it hard to believe, Did anyone feel the same way?

(15 Posts)
Holly34 Sun 27-Dec-15 20:02:28

Ok so 6 weeks to go not very long at all. Why do I feel like this? Hard to explain what I feel (I am creating a real human in there). Sometimes I think is it really happening? No! yes?!

Have any first time mums felt the same or even second / third time mums?hmm

TiggeryBear Sun 27-Dec-15 20:05:46

I'm currently 28 weeks & finding it difficult to believe that it's really happening! That there's a baby in there. I can't really see beyond that although we've got pretty much everything that we need but it's still really surreal.

IcecreamBus Sun 27-Dec-15 20:18:45

Yup, I felt like this all the way through with my DD. She only happened after nine years and had put babies out of our heads entirely. I remember doing the test purely for the purposes of ruling it out before ringing the docs. When I saw a pink line, I put it back down, made a coffee and had to check again in case I was seeing things!

It was the most surreal experience I've ever had and didn't completely get my head around it until she came out.

Holly34 Sun 27-Dec-15 20:38:59

So glad to know this! Honestly I was afraid shock So I will have to wait until the baby arrives then! wink

Beansprout30 Sun 27-Dec-15 20:46:32

Also finding it hard to believe. We took 18 months to concieve so it was a big shock. Am 9 weeks now and the scan can't come round quick enough as I still can't believe it till I see something

Nishky Sun 27-Dec-15 20:48:11

My children are teenagers and I am still a bit bemused by it all. Can't believe that I am trusted with two humans

Zombiemama Sun 27-Dec-15 20:51:02

Dd is 1 and I still find it hard to believe I carried her around in my tummy for 9 whole months and it was her kicking punching me etc I think pregnancy labour and the first few weeks with a new born are so surreal but enjoy it it passes by in a blink

dizzylemon Sun 27-Dec-15 21:18:36

Took just over a year to conceive and did several tests and still didn't believe it. The scans and heartbeat checks really brought it home; i burst into happy tears at my 12 weeks. And now the regular wiggling makes it feel a bit more real ;)

taxxigirl Sun 27-Dec-15 21:19:53

I'm totally with you, it all seems totally surreal.....

elephantfeet Sun 27-Dec-15 21:35:50

I am 36 weeks tomorrow and still in utter disbelief that there will be a real baby very soon!!

GoApeShit Sun 27-Dec-15 21:40:06

I'm also 36 weeks tomorrow. Third pregnancy. I have one DS. Still doesn't seem real, and it won't until I have a tiny, screaming pink bundle in my arms.

macdat Sun 27-Dec-15 21:43:11

I'm 23 weeks now, still doesn't seem real. Even through being sick non stop and all the other crap that comes with it, I just think to myself that I have food poisoning or something haha. I don't think I'll believe it's true until I actually see the baby.
Having said that, with some of my friends kids who are 10-14, I say to my friends sometimes "wow I still can't believe you're a mum sometimes!" and they always say they can't believe it either and it's strange. So I think sometimes, people just feel like that forever.

helensburgh Sun 27-Dec-15 21:49:44

I'm 22 weeks with number 3. Very lucky.
And I'm in denial. Much wanted baby so I don't understand it. It feels v odd

Mulligrubs Sun 27-Dec-15 21:56:56

With both of my pregnancies I was genuinely shocked to see a baby on the screen grin it just didn't feel real, even the second time around. Then once the baby is born I was in shock again - 1. That my body grew these perfect humans and 2. That they ever fitted in my body! Totally normal to feel a bit weird OP smile my second is 9 weeks old and I still can't believe she's here!

Mulligrubs Sun 27-Dec-15 21:57:59

I should say - I was shocked to see a baby on the screen at the first scans, obviously! I was in a bizarre state of denial all the way through!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now