Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Got milk?

(9 Posts)
Starfish25 Sun 27-Dec-15 00:41:40

Hi, haven't wrote on here for a while. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas? Im 34 weeks pregnant and its our first baby and was getting my hospital bag ready (just incase) but what do I do for milk? I've been told by a friend who's baby is nearly 2 that I can't bring in powder milk then I read online some where you can't bring in the ready made milk? I'm so confused...

Junosmum Sun 27-Dec-15 00:45:48

Ask your midwife at your next appointment. Some hospitals have strange rules. Some make you sign a disclaimer before allowing you to bottle feed. Some only allow you to take premade bottles as you can't sterilize anything whilst there.

kaymondo Sun 27-Dec-15 10:00:59

You need to check with your hospital as they all have different rules. I bf mine but from friends who bottle fed I know that the hospitals round here provided the ready made pre-sterilised bottles so you didn't have to take your own. They had a stock of all the main brands so you could use the one you wanted. Not sure how usual that is though.

dementedpixie Sun 27-Dec-15 10:04:09

Check with your specific hospital as rules may differ. I personally tried bf in hospital but ended up formula feeding once we were home

Lj8893 Sun 27-Dec-15 10:04:52

Check with your hospital. At the hospital I work at you can bring in whatever you like, weather it's ready made or powder. You also take in your own bottle/s but they have sterilisers you can use.

LouLou030783 Sun 27-Dec-15 10:09:44

When I had my older 2 the hospitals up here gave u pre made bottles like the little glass ones..I thought it was still the same x

Lj8893 Sun 27-Dec-15 17:18:37

Hospitals will give those pre made bottles if there is an issue with breastfeeding, or weight gain etc loulou but they won't give them if someone has chosen to formula feed exclusively as that would be classed as formula promotion and is not good practice. (And against the law)

Starfish25 Sun 27-Dec-15 22:45:28

Thanks everyone I'm prob best speaking to my mw on Tuesday I have a growth scan then. Xx

Lj8893 Sun 27-Dec-15 23:21:33

Does you hospital run parent craft/education sessions? And/or a hospital tour? As they will cover all of that then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now