Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sharp pains

(5 Posts)
Greyhorses Sat 26-Dec-15 19:52:25

Sorry more questions again!

I'm 20+3 and have had sharp pains on and off since yesterday. They are mainly in my pelvis and have been quite constant since lunch time and are worse when I go to the toilet. I have been urinating a little more but no pain etc. Baby has been kicking away all morning. The pains are like a sharp pulling/pressure, but are there even when I'm not moving.

Other than that I feel fine. No bleeding etc.

Google tells me it could be a uti, has anyone else had this type of thing before? Should I be worried enough to ring midwife or can this wait a few days and see what happens? I am not in agony by any stretch but its first baby so I am more paranoid than I should be!

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:46:05

Yeah, kind of a tugging with a thin, sharp thread radiating from your hoo ha upwards? That was a UTI for me. I got pains when urinating the day after they started.

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:46:44

Alternatively could be fanny daggers!

Greyhorses Sat 26-Dec-15 21:09:05

Yes it's similar to that Junosmum, like a sharp ache that gets worse after a wee! It hurts when I press my stomach like a sharp pain/pressure...really hard to describe!
DP thinks it is trapped wind and is trying to make me lie on the floor like a cat...

Thought I was way to early for fanny daggers just yet?! grin

Maybug12 Sun 27-Dec-15 00:08:01

Hey!
The fact you mentioned it gets worse after you pee suggests to me it is probably going to be a UTI! Nothing to worry about but you shouldn't leave it as you are pregnant! I've had a few during pregnancy - just go to your docs and theyll prescribe you some anti - bitoics! I've always been annoying very prone to them anyway but if left untreated can get really nasty so I would get it checked out if you can X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: