Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp pains

(5 Posts)
Greyhorses Sat 26-Dec-15 19:52:25

Sorry more questions again!

I'm 20+3 and have had sharp pains on and off since yesterday. They are mainly in my pelvis and have been quite constant since lunch time and are worse when I go to the toilet. I have been urinating a little more but no pain etc. Baby has been kicking away all morning. The pains are like a sharp pulling/pressure, but are there even when I'm not moving.

Other than that I feel fine. No bleeding etc.

Google tells me it could be a uti, has anyone else had this type of thing before? Should I be worried enough to ring midwife or can this wait a few days and see what happens? I am not in agony by any stretch but its first baby so I am more paranoid than I should be!

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:46:05

Yeah, kind of a tugging with a thin, sharp thread radiating from your hoo ha upwards? That was a UTI for me. I got pains when urinating the day after they started.

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:46:44

Alternatively could be fanny daggers!

Greyhorses Sat 26-Dec-15 21:09:05

Yes it's similar to that Junosmum, like a sharp ache that gets worse after a wee! It hurts when I press my stomach like a sharp pain/pressure...really hard to describe!
DP thinks it is trapped wind and is trying to make me lie on the floor like a cat...

Thought I was way to early for fanny daggers just yet?! grin

Maybug12 Sun 27-Dec-15 00:08:01

Hey!
The fact you mentioned it gets worse after you pee suggests to me it is probably going to be a UTI! Nothing to worry about but you shouldn't leave it as you are pregnant! I've had a few during pregnancy - just go to your docs and theyll prescribe you some anti - bitoics! I've always been annoying very prone to them anyway but if left untreated can get really nasty so I would get it checked out if you can X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now