Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I hate everyone!

(7 Posts)
SamanthaP1 Sat 26-Dec-15 19:36:19

Hi everyone!! This is my first post so take it easy on me. I am 27, happily married, moving to Lichfield (Staffordshire) in Feb 16' and 6-8 weeks approx. pregnant (waiting on 1st scan) and right now everyone seems to be getting on my nerves.

I am usually the happiest, most timid person in the world and I usually enjoy going to the cinema with my husband, its like our "get away from reality" and although people can be a little irritating sometimes when eating their popcorn or going on their phone from time to time, it does not usually bother me.

But this afternoon I kept imagining doing terrible things to these people. A girl sat a few seats away kept going on her phone every 10 minutes all the way through and I could see myself launching at her, tearing the phone from her fat stinking fingers and throwing the phone across the cinema. Then I had to stop myself boxing with my chair and screaming in the girls face behind me who was ever so slightly tapping her feet against my chair.

Usually I am such a placid person and I am pleased to say that I have the ability to hold back from doing such awful things, but its like I am in my own "the secret life of Walter Mitty" film. If you have seen it you will know what I mean. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like this or whether I should cart myself off to a psychiatric ward pretty sharpish?!?! I am hoping it is not the latter, but I look forward to hearing other stories if you have any!

Also, if there is anybody else in the midlands area who is in a similar situation to me it would be lovely to hear from you. pregnancy can be a bit daunting sometimes.

Samantha xx

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 26-Dec-15 19:41:29

I'm not in the midlands, but my early-pregnancy rage was spectacular. I managed not to lose it at anyone (except for one road rage incident) but EVERYTHING irritated me. It'll pass!

Mslg Sat 26-Dec-15 20:02:32

Me too! I actually laughed when I read that because I feel the same about little irritating things people do 😂 It'll pass, it's just pregnancy hormones 😃

cathpip Sat 26-Dec-15 20:23:22

If it helps in all 4 of my pregnancies I absolutely HATE my dh and dc for the first trimester, how I have not murdered them and buried them under the patio I will never know, it does pass though!

Twitterqueen Sat 26-Dec-15 20:32:51

Darling, if you feel the need to cart yourself off to the psych ward I have to say that you should probably take 95% of the pregnant population and maybe 99% of the 'normal' population.

None of us are 'normal'. Welcome to the world! I kind of think that when people get to this stage they are becoming human, ie WTAF is going on?

If you can answer that question you are indeed a goddess.

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:44:13

How I didn't smother OH in his sleep or stab him in the throat in the first few weeks I'll never know. And it is only by the grace of God that I didn't throttle my boss! So yeah, it's totally normal! I don't often feel like that now!

SamanthaP1 Sat 26-Dec-15 20:47:47

Well thats a relief! I did have a inkling that it may have something to do with my hormones but I think we all require a little reassurance from time to time.

I don't think it helps the fact that I haven't had much of an appetite recently and then when I have fancied something as soon as I have it in front of me it makes me feel ill! Plus waking up every morning forgetting that I am pregnant and assuming I have woken up with a terrible hangover due to morning sickness hasn't helped.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I am still looking forward to hearing others stories if you have any? (I just got really pissed off with spellcheck) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now