Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whhhyyyy did I just do that!!?

(12 Posts)
Esssss Sat 26-Dec-15 11:08:34

I just tried on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans (at 36 weeks pregnant). They wouldn't go past my arse. Whhhhyyyyy did I just do that!?? It's not as if I don't know that pregnancy = weight gain!
I've retreated back into the safe confines of my super comfy maternity leggings. And here is where I shall stay for quite a while!!! If anyone else is tempted just don't do it!!!

tinymeteor Sat 26-Dec-15 11:10:51

And at Christmas too! Stick them in a box in the loft and have a biscuit smile

Esssss Sat 26-Dec-15 11:12:43

I've already raided the celebrations box this morning....might as well!!

BumpPower Sat 26-Dec-15 11:17:14

Oh dear, still.at least they went up to your arse. I can't get my skinny jeans over my puff cankles! AND they are maternity skinny jeans (an oxymoron for sure). I vote mote chocolates and put your feet up

Runningupthathill82 Sat 26-Dec-15 11:22:54

My skinnies don't go past my knees. I'm also 36 weeks and feeling like an uncomfortable, ungainly hippo.

Esssss Sat 26-Dec-15 11:25:54

Well I've learned my lesson! Pass the mince pies!

PeppasNanna Sat 26-Dec-15 11:46:14

Arse?? Your doing good!
In my last pregnancy i couldn't get my maternity jeans past my knees from about 30 wks!

Im a size 8 normally...

Oysterbabe Sat 26-Dec-15 12:00:21

35 weeks here. Was eyeing up the scales in MIL's bathroom this morning but thankfully saw sense and avoided.

Kaytee1987 Sat 26-Dec-15 12:39:00

Quite an achievement getting them that far up I would say, pat yourself on the back, have some more chocolate and put the jeans in the bin grin

Icklepickle101 Sat 26-Dec-15 17:39:17

I was curious after reading this, my ore pregnancy fat jeans get to my kneecaps at 35+4. I'd be well chuffed if they got to my bum!!

They are now vacuum packed away for another 3 9 months and I'm opening a new box of celebrations grin

vvviola Sat 26-Dec-15 17:44:16

At 33 weeks on my first pregnancy I couldn't fit my feet into any shoes I owned. I ended up going out and buying Birkenstocks which I wore everywhere for the next 3 weeks (and then DD arrived).

I also got married at 32 weeks. I couldn't even find a nice maternity dress to fit me. I ended up buying a massive shapeless beige thing from a very old-fashioned department store, just to have something to wear.

Jeans, I wouldn't have even considered it. Or the "maternity hot pants" I saw when shopping for my dress.

(Oddly, in pregnancy no 2, I was wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes - admittedly tunics and leggings - until after 6 months...)

Junosmum Sat 26-Dec-15 20:51:24

You've made me want to do it now! Why would I want to do it to myself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now