Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP! Stupidly used hair removal cream and in agony!

(29 Posts)
hannahbanananana Wed 23-Dec-15 23:31:19

Earlier this evening OH and I decided to give myself a bit of a tidy up as I have a clinic appointment tomorrow (I'm 36+4 and possibly discussing induction due to pregnancy induced hypertension). I've used hair removal cream throughout my pregnancy as I didn't want any embarrassing razor burn and it's always been ok, sometimes a little sore for a few hours but nothing too bad. This time however I am in absolute agony!!! I've never experienced pain like it! It is impossible for me to wee (which at the moment is every half an hour!) as it burns my labia so much. Honestly, I'm full on screaming through it and have been in tears all night. I have no idea what to do! I can just about get comfortable in the right position and it only hurts when I move, but how on earth am I meant to go to the toilet? Does anyone have any advice? No way am I turning up at A&E and my GP practice is closed now for a few days over Christmas. I'm also worried that they'll want to induce me in a few days and I can't even imagine how painful it would be to have internal examinations etc. never mind push a baby out of such sore skin. Please tell me someone has a solution. I have tried paracetamol, sudocreme, aloe Vera, cold flannels, weeing in the shower and so far nothing has helped.

honeysucklejasmine Wed 23-Dec-15 23:33:04

Is there a helpline number on the leaflet in the packaging?

I would suggest prolonged soak under running water but sounds like you've done that. sad

honeysucklejasmine Wed 23-Dec-15 23:34:55

You'll have to mention it tomorrow at your appointment - hopefully they can suggest a good emollient to soothe it, but with chemical burns there's not really treatment other than prevent further damage and wait for skin to heal.

Ledkr Wed 23-Dec-15 23:36:14

Vaseline after an ice pack (wrapped of course) oh and stop worrying about it, you will have no time for such follies wgen u have a baby wink

Ledkr Wed 23-Dec-15 23:37:56

Don't think that stuff is meant for such intimate use either, more for the surrounding areas

honeysucklejasmine Wed 23-Dec-15 23:50:45

No indeed Ledkr, I think it even says not to use for bikini area on the pack.

OP you really will need to swallow pride and seek medical attention.

latika Wed 23-Dec-15 23:57:16

Sudo cream and pour a jug of tepid water over your lady bits as you pee. Will still hurt but no as much!

latika Wed 23-Dec-15 23:58:03

Or sit in a bath of water and pee X

Clueing4looks Thu 24-Dec-15 00:00:48

Smother a sanitary towel in sudocreme and wear as you normally would speaking from experience

JE1234 Thu 24-Dec-15 00:01:22

If it is on your labia minora or urethral opening it is worth trying to get an appointment to see a doctor at another surgery. I did similar and ended up with a pretty nasty blistered burn and needed an antibiotic steroid cream. I'm not sure if you can use it in pregnancy but given the level of pain you are in it sounds like a nasty burn that could do with some treatment.

Ledkr Thu 24-Dec-15 00:03:06

Thevaseline will waterproof yiur foof (see what I did there?) and make peeling less painful.

Ledkr Thu 24-Dec-15 00:04:24

Or even PEEING

Ledkr Thu 24-Dec-15 00:04:44

Never peel your foof

jamtartandcustard Thu 24-Dec-15 04:59:04

Sorry op but your post has made me laugh as the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Yes it burned like hell! And peeing was similar to have a UTI. However it only lasted 24 hours then all calmed down. My only advice is to use wet wipes and pat dry as opposed to wiping with loo roll when you pee.

InionEile Thu 24-Dec-15 05:12:31

Good practice for after the birth - it burns like hell when you pee for at least a few days afterwards! Ice packs do help.

And yes you will need to mention it at your check up. Might as well get it looked at just in case.

Tomboyinatutu Thu 24-Dec-15 06:22:19

Get yourself some drapolene, I usually get it from boots. That stuff works wonders!! I have a very sensitive intimate area and some soaps make it very uncomfortable but this always helps me smile

Elfishpresley Thu 24-Dec-15 06:49:11

I did this! It was horrendous! Like a previous poster said, the pain did go off in a day or so. Luke warm baths really helped.

Impatientwino Thu 24-Dec-15 07:41:57

I know it sounds weird but cold natural yoghurt will really help with the sting

toohardtothinkofaname Thu 24-Dec-15 08:50:58

You can use removal cream on bikini line, just not for an all over job. You can also use it in pregnancy but advice states because your skin changes so much, you must patch test 24hrs beforehand every time.

sepa Thu 24-Dec-15 11:11:55

Ouch. I have done this!

Toohard - I thought you couldn't use it. I will be sorting my jungle out with it now. Everything else seemed too hard fgrin

TPel Thu 24-Dec-15 11:14:29

Ha! Peeled foof! The next beauty fad. fgrin

Cerseirys Thu 24-Dec-15 11:20:49

"Peeled foof" makes me think you've used Footner on it! Or maybe that'll be the next trend confusedconfused

toohardtothinkofaname Thu 24-Dec-15 11:41:17

sepa it's been much kinder to my skin than shaving, although some tactical mirror positioning has been used which would rival a gymnast's poses!

villainousbroodmare Thu 24-Dec-15 11:51:27

Ah, Veet/Nair/Immac/Workofthedevil, how are you even licensed? sitting on the supermarket shelf, all innocent and butter wouldnae melt, in your sugary pink packaging!
Been there. Was possibly nearly as bad as the labour.
I remember so well kneeling on the floor in the hospital, puking with labour pain and telling poor DH "There's two things I'm never letting near me again... you and fucking Immac!" grin
It'll improve bit by bit. Sudocrem does help.

TotalConfucius Thu 24-Dec-15 12:35:59

Cut a cold cucumber into slices lengthways and pad your foof with them. Then send OH out for another cucumber,
Do not recycle for tomorrow's prawn cocktails, that just wouldn't be cricket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now