Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My bump seems small for 33 weeks .. is this the norm?

(11 Posts)
Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:08:17

I am 33+3 weeks and I feel my bump is not big. I am 5.7 and ppl keep telling me cos I am tall, but I thought my bump would be huge. will I really grow in the next 7 weeks ??

please share your experiences flowers

madsaz76 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:15:30

Mines not massive either as has kept slim but actually fundus is high and I am on 95h centile.

People do stick their noses in. If you and midwife ok then ignore them

Oysterbabe Wed 23-Dec-15 22:17:53

What is it measuring at?
People keep saying mine is massive but measuring pretty much bang on.

FadedRed Wed 23-Dec-15 22:20:31

My bump was compact, even at 36 weeks you couldn't tell I was pregnant from the back, only put 10lbs on for whole pregnancy. Baby was 7 lbs and was fine. Now in late twenties and still fine!

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:25:47

visit midwife last week and she said measurements were fine, I was only wondering if they notice you had extra fat on your belly prior to pregnancy? how do they make there calculations then?

I did not have a flat belly before my pregnancy cake

CinnamonBunYou Wed 23-Dec-15 22:29:47

Mine was small. People would be shocked when I'd tell them I only had a few weeks left. DD was only 5lbs at full term though.

I remember being at work when I was about 37 weeks and a friend of my colleague came in with her mum and she was about 28 weeks pregnant and my colleague and the woman's mum tried to get us to stand together to compare bumps as hers was much bigger than mine. Neither of us were impressed!

I wouldn't worry, your midwife would tell you if there were any problems

Yarpyarp Wed 23-Dec-15 22:31:35

I'd been measuring fine but looking small. Lots of people commented on it which freaked me out a bit, but like others, bump was just compact and baby tucked away neatly. Had a growth scan in the end because the measurement stopped/was going backwards after about 35 weeks but everything was totally normal and baby was 7lb.

You may well get bigger over the next few weeks but everyone is different - you can look small but not actually be and vice versa.

DangerMouth Wed 23-Dec-15 22:38:12

I'm 5'10 and my bump with dd1 was tiny, even going 10 days over. I started to show much sooner with dd2. Thought l was big but just spoke to our neighbours who l hadn't seen for 4 months.

They were very surprised to hear dd2 (3 months) was asleep upstairs as they didn't know l was pregnant. I was a bit shock as l remember our last conversation as l waddled over to say hello to them and moan about the heat in my condition. I am a size 12...maybe if l had been a size 10 they might have known grin

tinyme135 Wed 23-Dec-15 23:51:22

I'm 37 weeks and everyone keeps saying I'm small saying they thought I was only 28 weeks. if you look from behind I look like my old size 10.

like others said if mw isn't worried then ignore them smile

hebs72 Thu 24-Dec-15 05:41:45

A colleague and I are one day apart (currently 29 week). I'm 5'1'', she's probably 5'8", and our bumps look completely different. I seem to have a much more pronounced bump than she does, but we're both measuring bang on.

I think it all depends on height, and maybe muscle tone, but as long as your midwife is happy I wouldn't worry.

Holly34 Fri 25-Dec-15 09:29:20

grinwinkthanksthank you all Merry xmas x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now