Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is that tingling above the stomach.. its not the baby

(11 Posts)
Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:34:42

I feel something tingling right on top of my rib cage a sensation on the right hand side, I don't get sick of feel uncomfortable but not sure what it might be. I have noticed this few weeks now it comes and goes and just appears randomly. 33+3 week

Anyone had same experience?

MaryEllen1 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:35:53

Yes I get this! And like you have no clue what it is lol

Itsallaboutme3 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:38:08

Oh yes i remember that. Never had it with my first but all the time with my second. I never found out what it was

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:38:36

so glad I am normal then? fgrin

worriedmumred Wed 23-Dec-15 21:42:05

I had this with all three, it felt like pins and needles, really strange and I was worried with first one...midwife/Dr never could explain what it was and unfortunately it lasted the whole pregnancy. It wasn't painful, just really uncomfortable. I was always rubbing it trying to get the sensation to go away...would be interested to know what it is though!

worriedmumred Wed 23-Dec-15 21:43:25

And it was top right of bump like yours

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:54:19

Could be the placenta, after looking at some pictures on Google but if it was the doctors would know this, confused

goodnightdarthvader1 Wed 23-Dec-15 23:27:16

I get this, but it's more like an ache, or the skin is itchy. When you say "right", do you mean looking down at bump?

Elfishpresley Thu 24-Dec-15 06:52:09

I had this with DS! It drove me crazy! No idea what it was though.

sepa Thu 24-Dec-15 11:06:05

I get this. I just put it down to skin stretching/organs moving so always just put it down to a nerve thing?

toohardtothinkofaname Thu 24-Dec-15 11:42:38

I just thought it was him wiggling his little feet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now