Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hips are in pain

(6 Posts)
Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 05:44:22

sleeping is a mission the pain in my legs and hips is just not nice. what will help ease it? seems like I carry the pain all day now. 33+3 weeks does this mean I could be going into early labor and my body just preparing itself??

hartmel Wed 23-Dec-15 05:52:25

Do you have a pregnancy pillow? If not a regular works too..
I had it with my second pregnancy and I put a pillow between my legs (I could only sleep on my side at that term) it helped to relax my legs and hip.
Also what really helped was wearing a belly belt. The belt was partially holding the belly weight and would give my hips and legs some time out..

Congrats on your pregnancy.

northdownmummy Wed 23-Dec-15 06:18:41

Get yourself to a Physio as soon as possible. I went private because the wait for NHS was so long. A few simple but very focuses exercises really helped when I was suffering from the same thing. Didn't cure but stabilised so I didn't get any worse as the pregnancy progressed, I've known people to end up on crutches

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 10:46:56

I have tried the pillows bw the legs not comfortable for me I have big thighs probably and I might be trying to sleep on my belly unintentionally but that's the only way I sleep before pregnancy, could this be a reason for my sore hips??

I was thinking of a full body massage with essential oils smile

BumpPower Wed 23-Dec-15 10:52:42

I'm currently lying in as another as I'm allowed bath to help my hip. I'm nearly 30weeks and in agony. Seeing the physio was really helpful and means I have a few ab muscle exercises to do.as well as a pillow fort to build each night and sleep in. The big thing I think is to rest it, hence the bath - DP is doing the last minute Xmas shop and DGP have taken the toddler to the park! And I find swimming helps too.
Congrats on pregnancy hope are starting to see the lightatthe end other very long 40week tunnel x

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 11:31:54

I was thinking swimming for last few weeks now I must act on that asap, OH even suggested going last Sunday but I just turned the whole idea down (terrible mood swings) Bless you DP and the DGP your v lucky to have support from them both <3

Thank you smile but its not exciting any more its tiring, I am moody more often.. I can't wait now tbh just want to see the baby and make sure everything all fine.. I guess its natural to be scared x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now