Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't cope with the pain

(8 Posts)
Icklepickle101 Tue 22-Dec-15 23:30:05

Just sat at the bottom of my stairs in tears. I'm in so much pain from an old SI joint injury and SPD I literally can't out one foot in front of the other to get up the stairs. I'm taking the maximum dose of codeine they will give me at 35 weeks and I'm an absolute mess, I don't know how much longer I can go on like this sad

I feel so guilty for taking such strong pain relief when it is contra indicated at this stage as can affect the baby.

I'm considering A & E or DAU for the pain but will they be able to do anything?

Sorry for the self indulgent post just needed a vent sad

Rockingaround Tue 22-Dec-15 23:40:16

Go to a&me darling, codeine is strong and it brings you up, at least they can monitor your obs whilst you're on pain relief at the hospital, you can't at home. Plus it doesn't sound as if it's working if you're still in tears hun, just go along, if you're home in the morning nothing lost, but they may keep you in, change your meds etc? It's worth a try, don't sit on here waiting for replies, just get DP to take you or phone a taxi flowers good luck xxxx

Rockingaround Tue 22-Dec-15 23:40:50

* a&e

Rockingaround Tue 22-Dec-15 23:41:21

Sorry meant to say it bungs you up, stupid predictive tx

sepa Wed 23-Dec-15 08:06:54

I would go to A&E and see what they can give you. Ask to see if a steroid injection is possible and may help?
Please don't worry about the codeine. Your midwife/Drs would have weighed up pros cons of codeine for you.
Baby will just need slightly more monitoring once s/he is here

Icklepickle101 Wed 23-Dec-15 16:47:11

I went in and the lovely doctors have me morphing so I could get some sleep and monitor the baby, feel so much better now I've had some sleep and have oramorph for any more horrendous days.

sepa Wed 23-Dec-15 17:55:00

Be very careful with oramorph. I'm sure Drs told you how addictive it can be. Oh was on it after an operation and felt himself getting addicted so had to come off very quickly!

Glad you managed to get sleep and that Drs monitored you so you could have peace of mind!

Rockingaround Wed 23-Dec-15 23:43:11

Fantastic Op, so glad you got it sorted, have a relaxing Xmas 🌻

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now