Talk

Advanced search

33 weeks and stressed!

(11 Posts)
Holly34 Tue 22-Dec-15 22:23:54

Today H came from work and I started to be emotional again!! crying every two three days... is this normal??

The problem is we are waiting for him to get his UK spouse visa and I have had to shift with him to Sweden where he is working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. So I am running without ideas how to pass my time I am feeling lonely with such short days here in Sweden. I haven't really prepared any furniture for the baby this is making me very upset. We should hear about the visa decision by end of Feb, I would just prefer to be in the comfort of my home in London and with family for the delivery.
I am waiting for a miracle and an earlier decision but realistically I must accept the reality.

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 22-Dec-15 22:48:28

Do you need 2 threads about this?

Yes, being emotional is normal. Yes, you have to wait for the visa since you didn't sort it before now.

Holly34 Tue 22-Dec-15 23:13:25

Thank God its sorted now. I felt like I was working on a dissertation piece. It was not straight forward at all. I am trying to delete the other thread I have seem to hiden it can you help ? Sorry new here

Holly34 Tue 22-Dec-15 23:20:06

don't worry looked under FAQs

bittapitta Wed 23-Dec-15 16:26:57

I replied on the other thread which has now been deleted - you should come back to London where you have family support. Not good for your mental health for you to spend lots of time alone while your DH is at work.

Holly34 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:19:10

Thank you for your reply. Waiting to hear about the visa in Feb dh can not travel to UK hence we are in Sweden. tbh I would rather be with him at the birth of our child than having anyone else.

We did request Home office to give answer by first week of Jan if possible as they are quite over Christmas period (visa office mentioned this to us that they are fairly quick)

Thank you flowers feel better now its off my chest

bittapitta Wed 23-Dec-15 22:45:08

But you need to prioritise your mental well-being. I assume you can live in the UK? If I were you I'd move now and get settled, enjoy support from family. Seems a bad idea to stay so isolated while he is at work so much.

Holly34 Thu 24-Dec-15 03:54:45

I have two things which help me unwind shopping and reading books and Stockholm is beautiful! luckily we live right next to a tube station 2 mins walk I made the effort yesterday to go into the city and look around, It made a huge difference to my mood. Last week I visited one of the oldest libraries here in Stockholm and borrowed some books which I can easily return to my local library and they well send them back. smile

I promise ;) myself

I will get more active go out places just to get some fresh air and exercise. The stress builds up when I am on bed for two days and feel just awful about every little thing! Not sure you know this feeling but if you do it is horrible. thankyou flowers

TheOddity Thu 24-Dec-15 04:29:02

Do you want the baby to have Swedish citizenship rather than English? I assume you've thought about that?

Holly34 Thu 24-Dec-15 04:42:52

The baby will not get Swedish citizenship but British (one parent British can pass it on to their child born any where in the world) but if my grandchild is born outside UK they will not get the British citizenship.

DesertOrDessert Thu 24-Dec-15 07:23:47

It sounds like you've made a decision to wait with DH until he can travel with you.
So you need to keep on with your plans to keep busy in Sweden. Do you need to get a crib/Moses basket and some clothes and nappies for baby if you haven't got an answer by 36 weeks?
Also, can you find any mother and baby groups locally, and in the New Year start going to those. I'm sure a heavily pregnant lady new to the area wouldn't be turned away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now