Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Probably stupid question re Braxton Hicks

(5 Posts)
DearTeddyRobinson Tue 22-Dec-15 21:01:04

I am 29 weeks pg with DC2, and I think I had my first ever BH last night. Feel v embarrassed that I am not sure, but I don't think I had any with my first pregnancy, at least that I noticed anyway.
Anyhow I was woken up in the middle of the night last night feeling like I was doing the hardest sit up ever - totally involuntary, almost like vomiting? No pain but sort of shocking. I thought BH were 'painless tightenings' but this was more like a major spasm? Sorry I'm not explaining it very well but I don't know if it was just a muscle cramp (had been very sore all day) or one of these near-mythical BH contractions?!
Can they be more obvious in 2nd/subsequent pregnancies?
Sorry Google isn't really helping me!

Wigeon Tue 22-Dec-15 21:06:38

I didn't have any BHs in my first pregnancy, but definitely did in my second, in the third trimester - they were unmistakable - whole bump went rock hard, really weird, but completely painless. Sounds like yours might have been one.

DearTeddyRobinson Tue 22-Dec-15 21:14:26

Thank you! I know it doesn't really matter but I am very curious!

Britishblue99 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:07:32

BH shouldn't wake you up. They sweep over your bump and are supposedly painless though can be very very strong close to due date. I had a lot with twins then also with subsequent and current pregnancy. Seem to be more prevalent in the evenings in my experience.

DearTeddyRobinson Wed 23-Dec-15 22:52:59

Ok thank you. Nothing since so it was possibly my stomach muscles stretching/cramping I suppose.
Isn't pregnancy fun? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now