Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sure Start Grant

(2 Posts)
Charlespock Tue 22-Dec-15 10:45:22

I sent off my application for the sure start grant last Monday and sent it first class because it's Christmas season. I'm 33 weeks and there's a high possibility LO could be here early because of possible pre e. I know I'm entitled so that's not a problem. I just rang to check if it had been recieved and how long it would take to process as need to buy the last of her clothes and feeding equipment.

The first woman I spoke to said she would check and asked for my postcode and NI number but I forgot where I put my NI card so said I'd call back. The second woman didn't bother checking and said it takes up to 28 days for the application to process! Am I being messed around with this? Surely she could have just checked for me. Anyone else had experiences with the grant application process?

tinyme135 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:18:44

the 28 days things sounds about right but they are known to mess people about. I don't know much about it but as I work in a pharmacy I have to promote it.

one of our patients had problem with them. she was guaranteed it (reasons I can't disclose) but they kept refusing it over the smallest things. it took her 4 times over 3 months to get it sorted. I'm not saying this will be the case with you but just giving you a heads up they can mess people about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now