Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early stages

(7 Posts)
melly2086 Mon 21-Dec-15 23:09:34

Hi guys just looking for some advice. This is my 2nd pregnancy im about 4 weeks... i have a very active job roll which includes lifting pushing and a lot of bending... im just concerned if the bending can cause any harm?? In my last pregnancy i had an office job but i didnt have a good pregnancy to begin with hence im a little worrie . Tia

LauraMcW Mon 21-Dec-15 23:16:34

Congratulations! I think the danger is that you can injure yourself more easily when pregnant because of hormones that soften your ligaments etc rather than actual harm to the baby. When you tell your employer you're expecting they should do a risk assessment with you to identity potential risks in your current role and if neccessary adjust the tasks that you are doing.

melly2086 Tue 22-Dec-15 00:24:50

Thank you. Im not doing any heavy lifting as i can ask people who i can ask to help me with that. But as for the bending im up and down like a yoyo i work in boots so were always putting out delivery or sorting shelves out etc so im constantly bending to pick things up or put them in the correct place. But obviously only being in such early stages i dont have a midwife to contact to query these things. Xx

prettyflowers111 Tue 22-Dec-15 09:24:07

I'm the same in my job, shop work so constantly up down, lifting stock, stretching up and bending down. I'm just 4 weeks too but I'm not worried about it. I have a toddler so it's not much different to what I do at home!! Lifting and bending according to new research does no harm to the baby but as your hormones increase as Laura said it can loosen ligaments so you'll be more prone to hurting yourself. Congratulations!!!

melly2086 Tue 22-Dec-15 11:53:27

Thanks for your help. Its been 6&1/2 years since i was last pregnant a lot changes lol. Think im just worrying because ive been having a lot of niggly aches and pains. Trying not to stress over it and tell myself my bodys changed since last time and ive had a csection so things arent the same on there lol x

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 15:24:31

can anyone c a faint line please x

melly2086 Wed 23-Dec-15 11:29:04

It does look like a faint line. I think the proper tests are easier than them thou. It has to pass thru the positive line to get to the control line so could just be because of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now