Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

back ache at 17 weeks

(5 Posts)
catobe Mon 21-Dec-15 20:48:31

Hello! 17 week today and have felt like I'm about to start my period all day! Dull lower back ache and feel like I have wind (tmi?)

Is this normal?

I have the midwife tomorrow so I will ask her but it's a scary feeling!

lemonslemonslemons Tue 22-Dec-15 12:33:48

Totally normal! Im almost 16 weeks with DC2 and get it like that if I need a poo or a good fart! It worried me at first, but I soon linked it to that! Please don't worry!

catobe Tue 22-Dec-15 15:07:24

Thanks for the reply, Lemons! The pain is exactly this - it actually calmed down once I had calmed down and realised it was ok. Had an existing app with midwife today and baby's heart beat is nice and strong.

lemonslemonslemons Tue 22-Dec-15 18:16:56

It's hard not to worry! I get back ache and have started getting pains in my lower abdomen when I need the loo. I've realised that it's just round ligament pain! I've got an appt with midwife next Weds and will be 17 weeks. I'm hoping she'll listen for the heartbeat!

catobe Tue 22-Dec-15 19:53:21

My midwife listened in today - just ask her if she doesn't offer.

It was magical!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now