Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Expecting Triplets

(22 Posts)
Mrs1986 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:16:28

Hi ladies,

I have recently found out that I am expecting triplets following a private early scan.
I am absolutely petrified! I've had a look through the threads to see if I can find anyone else in the same boat - appreciate it's quite rare!

I have a set of MCMA (identical twins in the same sac) and a separate baby in a separate sac.

I'm approx 8 weeks.

Is anyone in the same position?
Does anyone have any success stories to share??

Hope to hear from someone soon as this is certainly a very lonely experience!

LillyBugg Mon 21-Dec-15 19:19:11

Wow congratulations! I definitely can't help but I know there is a multiples board which you might want to move this to or have a nose around Here

Mrs1986 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:21:26

That's so helpful, thank you!!

LumpySpaceCow Mon 21-Dec-15 19:37:16

Wow! Congratulations! I bet that was a shock. Have you tried TAMBA?
www.tamba.org.uk/big-research-appeal?tab=1

LumpySpaceCow Mon 21-Dec-15 19:38:05

Main page website
www.tamba.org.uk/

Mrs1986 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:44:01

Thanks Lumpy it's a massive shock indeed. I have had a look at TAMBA, but it's still very early days.
I am hoping there are some people that have had happy endings with a similar story!

BoboChic Mon 21-Dec-15 19:46:39

Wow! Congratulations!

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 21-Dec-15 19:49:20

Congratulations! I only have twins but in my twins club there were two sets of triplets the same age and one was a set of MCMA twins and a singleton. They actually got to 33 weeks and I only made it to 31 with my twins, also MCMA.

I would really recommend seeing if there is a twins and multiples club near you - the support and advice is invaluable, even more so I would imagine with triplets! I think Tamba have a list of all the clubs. You can go before you have them and it's def worth itgrin

Chattycat78 Mon 21-Dec-15 21:49:12

Wow. That's amazing. Conceived naturally then I assume? I found out at an early scan that I'm expecting twins- also natural conception- so triplets must be a mega shock! Do you have any other kids? I suppose you have a while to get your head round it. Def post on the multiples board- they have helped me already.

aimees75 Mon 21-Dec-15 23:07:11

Mrs1986 in my first pregnancy I was expecting triplets also ID twins and a singleton. Sadly I had a missed miscarriage of the twins at 11 weeks but dr said it was prob more to do with chromosomal anomalies rather than the actual pregnancy and carrying triplets. But I found that first tri tough physically. I now have a DD from that pregnancy and am expecting twins in a few weeks. I would go on the TAMBA boards or the pregnancy section of fertility friends and there may be a few on there too, as almost all triplet pregnancies are through IVF.
The pregnancy will not be a walk in the park but your hospital will probably take very good care of you.
Best of luck xx

Mrs1986 Tue 22-Dec-15 09:53:53

Hi all,

Thank you so much for replying!!

Chatty yes all conceived naturally, and we had only just started trying for one- we are in shock!

Aimees how did the mmc affect the other baby? Did they come out naturally without upsetting the other sac? do you see it as a blessing in disguise?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Tue 22-Dec-15 09:56:51

Our au pair (21) is a triplet. She is the single sister of identical twins too. They all look alike though.
Good luck OP!

mouldycheesefan Tue 22-Dec-15 09:57:57

Congratulations.

You will need some help! I had twins I had a student nursery nurse in placement for 2 days per week for four months, I has a mothers help three days per week for two hours at bedtime.

Good luck!

ShowYourSeams Tue 22-Dec-15 14:02:49

Congratulations Mrs.

I have twins, not triplets, and I was still massively in shock at this stage. I recommend lots and lots of rest and accepting any offer of help you can. Carrying multiples is exhausting but absolutely amazing. You're a lucky lady! smile

brookeberry Tue 22-Dec-15 14:07:31

Just wanted to say ciongrats Mrs ! That is truly amazing - what a rare and magical thing smile

brookeberry Tue 22-Dec-15 14:07:57

congrats !

MetalMidget Tue 22-Dec-15 16:06:19

Congratulations, and wow!

Rockingaround Wed 23-Dec-15 00:01:33

Wow that's amazing! I'm lurking around the multiples thread as I'm just 9 weeks but have had the most intense symptoms ever with this one. I had a MC in July and I have two DC's d5 &s3 but my nausea, sickness, tiredness, tender boobs have been epic this time and I'm trying to fathom why, are symptoms more prevalent with multiples? Triplets is phenomenal, so so special flowers

Mrs1986 Wed 23-Dec-15 14:27:53

Hi Rocking,
Other than sore boobs And lack of appetite I have no symptoms at all! I think we are all different though.

I went for another scan today and it seems that one of the identical babies has stopped growing, and they couldn't find a heartbeat. So I am down to two! The remaining two are not identical and they both have strong heartbeats! Xx

Rockingaround Wed 23-Dec-15 16:03:03

Oh that's so sad I'm sorry, sometimes the world works in such storage ways, treasure your little beans, I'm sure they'll be bouncing around soon. Lots of love xxx

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 23-Dec-15 18:37:20

Wow congrats!

Hope the rest of your pregnancy is successful with 2!

My sister went for an early scan with her second after her daughter being born stillborn, there was 3.....I will never get over that shock and it wasn't even me personally it was happening to! Unfortunately at a scan at 8 weeks only 1 remained....my nephew who is very happy and very healthy! Losing the other 2 didn't effect him. Not saying that to worry you just letting you know that a healthy baby still arrived!

Mrs1986 Wed 23-Dec-15 18:46:03

Thank you all! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now