Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stabby foof pain!

(7 Posts)
JustMeAndHim Mon 21-Dec-15 17:10:02

I'm currently 19 weeks and have been having stabbing pains for the last day or so. I'm slightly more worried paranoid because I've had treatment on my cervix before for abnormal cells. My hospital are currently trying to get my pathology records from this to determine if I need a cervical scan.

Can anyone reassure me that this isn't completely abnormal?

Loveleopardprint Mon 21-Dec-15 17:13:11

I had lots of stretchy stabbing pains in the early weeks of both pregnancies. No problems with babies. Somebody else will be along soon to give you the medical facts. Didn't want to read and run though.

JustMeAndHim Mon 21-Dec-15 17:16:21

Thank you!

BifsWif Mon 21-Dec-15 17:20:07

I had this in both pregnancies, like a bloody lightning bolt in my bits! I was also concerned as i have had treatment for abnormal cells, but all was fine.

Friends who have had no treatment have told me they've experienced the same, so try not to worry smile

JustMeAndHim Mon 21-Dec-15 17:23:42

Thanks Bifswif that does make me feel better!

IrisBlue15 Mon 21-Dec-15 18:28:41

They're called fanny daggers! They come and go and it's nothing to worry about. Just another delightful side effect. hmm

Everythinggettingbigger Mon 21-Dec-15 20:06:02

I like to call this the hot knitting needle....like one has just been shoved up there! Me and my sister were joking the other our sister in law about it, she found out she was expecting a week later, she tested because she was getting the pains! I had it all the way through with first....currently 17+6 with second and been getting them since the beginning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now