Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone?

(6 Posts)
Iammad Mon 21-Dec-15 14:57:41

I'm 36 weeks pregnant, this might sound really strange but wanted to know if anyone else had this.
For the past few weeks it gets to about 1-2pm and I start getting really irritable, I feel like I have ants crawling all over (it's not in an itch way) just a really irritating feeling.
I feel like my whole body has restless legs.
It lasts all day then until I go to sleep.
It'd really starting to annoy me and I'm getting irritable with others which is not really fare.
My iron is ok so I know it is not that.

Mrsj70 Mon 21-Dec-15 15:00:49

I would go and see your midwife. There is a condition in pregnancy that affects your liver and one of the symptoms is itching. I cant remember what its called sorry, one of my friends had this and all was fine with both her and the baby.

IndomitabIe Mon 21-Dec-15 15:01:14

Ooh, sounds so irritating.

I get something similar when I'm working late and I really should go to sleep - usually starts in my shoulders, makes me want to peel my skin off. The only thing that helps is going to bed. Could you try an afternoon nap? (Assuming you're not at work!)

IndomitabIe Mon 21-Dec-15 15:02:27

Mrsj is thinking of obstetric choleostasis. But it doesn't sound like you're describing actual, physical itching.

Iammad Mon 21-Dec-15 15:10:34

I do feel a tad itchy, but the main thing is the feeling of being crawled by ants under the skin.
I guess another way of describing it is like wearing clothes that are all bubbly.
Just so hard to describe.

daisedandconfused Mon 21-Dec-15 15:45:56

I am 36 weeks too and I have exactly the same thing! I completely know what you mean and it is really hard to describe. It isn't really an itch but like an inner frustration. I have to puff my breath out and shake my hands or stand up. I call it feeling 'antsy' when trying to explain to my OH. It's just a feeling comes over me. No idea what it is so no help there but at least someone else is experiencing the same thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now