Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

streaks of blood and cramps

(18 Posts)
tinyme135 Mon 21-Dec-15 10:31:31

I'm 37 weeks and when I just went to the toilet I've had a few streaks of blood in it. also I feel like I'm constipated, but I know I'm not (tmi sorry). I've been having waves of back ache the past few days which has just gotten worse. the lightening pains have gotten worse and I'm also getting pains at the side of my bump like stitch but I know it's not that.

any advice?

MrsJK Mon 21-Dec-15 10:48:14

Sounds like things are starting to happen to me ( currently expecting dc3 although seem to have forgotten it all myself grin)

Stay upright & active and see what the next few hours bring. Is your DP fairly local? Maybe worth a heads up call

tinyme135 Mon 21-Dec-15 10:53:14

he's at work I'll give him a quick call now to let him know. better check my hospital bag is completely ready. my MIL said to me on Sat my bump had suddenly dropped.

also (tmi again sorry) I've just had a load more discharge coming. it feels nasty haha. as you can tell first time mummy lol

Llouh Mon 21-Dec-15 11:11:24

This happened to me as my waters broke so sounds promising grin

tinyme135 Mon 21-Dec-15 11:28:20

I hope not though haha OH is in a very demanding job and to get him out at this time of year is going to cause more stress than good. his manager is a right so-n-so

Llouh Mon 21-Dec-15 11:35:24

Is the discharge coming out bloody or clear now? My waters didn't come out in a whoosh they trickled out over the course of 12 hours.

tinyme135 Mon 21-Dec-15 11:48:55

I phoned the midwife and she thinks it's my show I've had and the pains is LO coming down more ready. the discharge is slightly tinged. I was told by her to call the docs as she thinks I might have an infection but to call back if I can't get in and/or I feel like something else is wrong.

MrsJK Mon 21-Dec-15 21:30:16

Any update op?

tinyme135 Mon 21-Dec-15 23:24:09

still getting lightening pains and had some more cramping but not too often to be called in. noticed my mood has changed too as I'm being more horrible and irritated

MrsJK Tue 22-Dec-15 03:34:53

Hope you manage to get some rest this evening & it ramps up again tomorrow.

I've forgotten how painful the "waiting" game at the end can be.....not long now for you smile

tinyme135 Tue 22-Dec-15 07:12:56

the midwife on the ward said I could have my water's break at any time as the plug has gone. I was like but I want him now haha xD

MrsJK Tue 22-Dec-15 07:44:33

That's even more disheartening sad

Did they just send you home to wait?! sad

As hard as it is try to relax and put your feet up x

tinyme135 Tue 22-Dec-15 08:20:29

yep even though my plug has gone my water's are still intact. I'm off up to the docs to see if I have an infection or not. I'll keep you all up to date with that goes on.

luckily everything is done for Christmas just need to wrap up so nothing stressful today x

tinyme135 Tue 22-Dec-15 09:40:36

no infections but they're sending it off just to be sure I haven't got one that they haven't detected.

Rockingaround Wed 23-Dec-15 00:05:04

Any news op? Xxx

tinyme135 Wed 23-Dec-15 07:22:15

still waiting for LO. was having more tightening but they wouldn't see me. I woke up this morning and it feels like I'm all swollen down there and that someone has kicked me. I wanted to scream when I got out of bed for the toilet. it's not as bad as it was now I've moved about xx

rainbowstardrops Wed 23-Dec-15 07:25:19

Ooh sounds exciting! Good luck flowers

tinyme135 Wed 23-Dec-15 07:28:20

it'll be just my luck it'll all properly start on Christmas day. can just see it haha xD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now