Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in thigh/crotch when I walk

(13 Posts)
Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 22:12:19

As described above I suppose! I just stood up and it feels as if I've pulled a muscle at the very top of my right thigh on the inside by my regions! I'm 24 weeks-anyone else had this? I think DH thought I was just whinging so he'd take the rubbish out to the bin grin

kittyvet Sun 20-Dec-15 22:26:54

Yes! Sounds like SPD. A very common problem in pregnancy. The joints in your pelvis are loosening and it can cause all sorts of problems. Get a referral to a women's health physio. Normally the midwife will do it immediately. Take a look at the advice on the pelvic partnership website. I had physio, pain relief, cranial osteopathy and slowly 1 yr after birth I am almost 100%. Severity varies from person to person though so don't get too scared by horror stories in Internet!!!!!

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 22:30:05

Thank you! I'll speak to my MW asap. I won't google it either - that never ends well for me lol. Xx

amarmai Sun 20-Dec-15 22:48:16

I got a wrap support for my dd's hips and belly when she was pregnant. Was a bit expensive so maybe just tie a cloth wrap around the area that needs support.

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 23:08:01

Thank you amarmai I'll look into that tomorrow! Xx

amarmai Mon 21-Dec-15 00:22:17

you are welcome, op. i got it at a maternity store. Seriously-try a cloth tied around the area that hurts and if it helps , save your self some $$-+ the belly wrap is bulky and hard to sit comfortably in.

Brummiegirl15 Mon 21-Dec-15 07:43:33

Ooh yes I have this in spades and it's horrendously painful. It hurts for me and the very edge of my crotch and I have to waddle like I've been horse riding.

I'm 34 weeks and been told it's only going to get worse as I get bigger confused

I've seen the physio, been told to take weight off my pelvis, am on crutches and also have to wear a tubi grip bump bandage from my boobs right over my bump down to my hips.

I can walk still but I really feel it if I don't use crutches.

I can also recommend the pelvic partnership website plus the POGP website as well. Lots of useful fact sheets

But I have been told by other people, pretty much the minute the baby arrives, it goes

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 21-Dec-15 09:14:01

Yep, definitely pelvic pain! Feels like I've pulled a miracle/been kicked in the vag. For me though the pain has gotten less by following NHS advice on not standing on one leg to do socks etc, swinging both feet out of bed etc etc

BooOzMoo Mon 21-Dec-15 09:16:15

Oh nooooo it sounds like the start of SPD and an early start too!!!
You'll need a Physio referral who will do absolutely fuck all to help. They might recommend crutches for support yeah easy to use whilst using pushchair! Or a tubigrip ...

Good luck xxxx

shiteforbrains Mon 21-Dec-15 09:21:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 21-Dec-15 21:57:05

Thank you all! I'll contact my mw and see about a referral! Xx

Boosiehs Mon 21-Dec-15 22:02:11

Definitely SPD or what I have pelvic girdle pain. Feels like being kicked repeatedly in the foof.

Get some physio ASAP and practice pulling your bum in and tucking tailbone under.

Stomach muscles need to remember how to hold your body up!

mineofuselessinformation Mon 21-Dec-15 22:03:49

Yes to getting a belt - it helps to stop your pubic bones separating too much. That is what's causing the pain. When getting in a car, swing both legs in at the same time, and try to avoid postures that involve you having your legs apart with any weight on them (!) Definitely don't sit with your legs crossed - you get the idea.
Do talk to your midwife about it - it bloody hurts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now