Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone help?

(24 Posts)
Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 21:57:44

I am coming up to 12 weeks pregnant. Last night, my stupid DH, gave me two "Nightcalms" instead of Senna tablets for constipation. Not only am I furious at him, but I'm worried as I took double the recommended dose and anti hystemines I'm sure are not recommended in pregnancy. Am so angry and worried. Can anyone help? Obviously as it was 24 hours ago, there is nothing I can do- but desperately need some reassurance I haven't harmed the baby.

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 22:12:11

Anyone?

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 22:15:35

Have you read the pack? What type of antihistamine is it? Cetirazine and loratadine are fine (I think) in pregnancy. I took antihistamines before I knew I was pregnant and I'm 24 weeks now. Try not to worry-maybe call your mw tomorrow for some reassurance though.

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 22:18:32

It's not unfortunately either of those. It's called diphenhydramine. I'm so cross at DH and so worried that I have caused serious harm. Do you think harm can be caused by one slip up?

GoodStuffAnnie Sun 20-Dec-15 22:18:39

I just looked it up and it said can be used in pregnancy if benefit outweighs not taking them, I think. So not too bad.

I am sure it will be fine. Women have been pregnant in all sorts of dreadful conditions And the human race goes on.

Chat to your midwife in the morning to reassure yourself.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 20-Dec-15 22:23:07

Is it Kalms tablets he gave you, as well as antihistamine? I think Kalms are ok in pregnancy but pop to a chemist tomorrow and ask, they'll be able to tell you the risks. Most medications say not to use because the side effects are unknown, simply because in unethical to test on pregnant women. There is no way to find out

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 22:23:20

I think it'll be fine-I'd check with your mw to be on the safe side. Try not to worry op-flowers

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 22:24:24

Thanks- I will do this. Am just a very scared first time mum. I've also done everything right and by the book, so to have someone else make the mistake for me, has well and truly made me angry. Thanks for help.

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 22:26:30

They are called "One a night Nightcalms" manufactured by Galpharm. And I took 100 mg instead of 50mg sad

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 22:39:08

Please try not to worry-I drank a lot of white wine the Sunday before I found out I was pregnant. 2 days before my BFP I was taking cold and flu tablets and antihistamines for a really bad cold (should've guessed I was pregnant lol) - I took sleeping tablets at about 2 weeks as well. I'm not the kind of person who bothers with medication usually either lol. Try and stay calm xxx

amarmai Sun 20-Dec-15 22:50:53

check with pharmacist. Hope you and baby are ok.

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 23:05:50

Am trying to stay calm, but being angry at my husband is not helping. What idiot gives a pregnant woman two tablets in the dark without checking? He wasn't asleep either- just downstairs whilst I was trying to sleep. Hopefully I can ring the MW in the morning and they will be able to help. In the meantime will just sit here and worry...

Pregasaurusrex Sun 20-Dec-15 23:06:33

But thank you for responding as I think I would have gone mad otherwise.

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 20-Dec-15 23:11:45

I'd be angry with my DH too if he'd done that. He's obviously just not thought about what he was doing. Keep us posted on what the mw says xxxx

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 21-Dec-15 22:00:53

Did you call your mw pregasaurus? Xx

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 15:35:33

not sure if I'm on rite chat but could any 1 tell me if this is positive please....

Suziesome1 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:24:17

Becs... Looks like it to me... Congratulations smile

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:26:44

thank u. would u say really early on with it being soo faint? x

sepa Tue 22-Dec-15 16:38:34

I think it will be fine. I probably took (no exaggeration) 100 pain killers in first 5 weeks (I have a cronic pain condition) and baby has been fine at all scans!

These accidents will happen during pregnancy with stupid things you won't even think of checking out - most things are not recommend in pregnancy as they don't test these things on pregnant women for obvious reasons.

Try not to be angry at husband. I'm sure he feels really bad about it as this is also his DC. Other thing is, until you start to get bigger with the baby I think it's easy for guys to forget as they are not the ones who are pregnant (I know my OH forgot a lot as it wasn't in his face all the time)

sepa Tue 22-Dec-15 16:39:45

Becs88 - when was your last period?
My BFP was very faint at 5ish weeks

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:50:18

I'm not due until next week but been getting a lot of symptoms. I've worked it out I'll only be about 4 weeks if I defo am x

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 16:54:46

sorry it's due this week x

sepa Tue 22-Dec-15 18:55:21

I would say you could test positive at the stage. I would do another one if/when you miss your period

becs88 Tue 22-Dec-15 19:26:16

OK thanks u x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now