Talk

Advanced search

Moby wrap

(18 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Sun 20-Dec-15 17:10:28

Anyone use a moby wrap? I've found one I really like the look of and I definitely want some kind of soft carrier.

ChilliMum Sun 20-Dec-15 17:15:34

I had one and loved it, both me and dh wore it around the house and I pretty much always wore it under my coat when I went out so easy to pop baby in and out all day and leaves hands free for shopping, eating etc..
If you haven't had a sling before though I would suggest contacting your nearest sling library - local sure start centre or breastfeeding groups will have the contact details and then you can try a range and see what suits you.

5madthings Sun 20-Dec-15 17:22:39

I have one and will be using it for baby six next year. Got it for number two, I have used it for all mine and lent it to frirnds and my sister so it's well used but great for newborn stage.

Once baby is bigger I will move on to a woven wrap.

Sling libraries are great for trying different slings, a moby is a perfect wrap for a beginner with a newborn though smile

Toadsrevisited Sun 20-Dec-15 17:25:35

I used mine daily for first 4 months or so. DH liked it too. They're brilliant. Wish I'd practised tying it before Ds was born though

poocatcherchampion Sun 20-Dec-15 17:26:45

Ive loved mine.

(Op I am currently selling it if you are interested pm me) it is red. And lovely!

LumpySpaceCow Sun 20-Dec-15 19:06:45

I loved mine. It did take some practice being able to wrap it though! Would recommend a sling library for practical tips on that. Once baby started pushing back a bit though when on side (around 6 months I think) I didn't find it supportive enough and used a back carrier and lift sling.

NeedsAMousekatool Sun 20-Dec-15 19:08:05

I could never get it right enough. If I have a DC2 I'll get a Close Caboo, which is basically a pre wrapped Moby that you just pull at the ends.

NeedsAMousekatool Sun 20-Dec-15 19:08:51

*tight enough

polkadotdelight Sun 20-Dec-15 19:12:58

I had intended to get a moby but after taking ds to a sling library and giving them a go I went for the close caboo.

Lilipot15 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:27:11

I never mastered wrapping the Moby. It felt too hot as well and this was with a spring baby!

LibrariesgaveusP0wer Sun 20-Dec-15 19:29:41

I had a caboo wirh DC1 but grew to dislike it and much preferred my moby/kari me.

Lilipot15 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:37:07

I tried a caboo with DC2. Didn't get on with that either. Once she reached 4 months or so we did really well with a Baby Bjorn.

Roomba Sun 20-Dec-15 20:11:13

I had a Moby and absolutely loved it. It was very easy to get on, tighten, get DC into and out of once I'd practiced a couple of times. It made my life so much easier, helped DS2's reflux a lot and was lovely and cosy for them.

skankingpiglet Sun 20-Dec-15 21:00:51

The Moby was great up until around 4 months when DD just got too heavy for it. I found it fairly easy to wrap, and very comfortable. DD would only tolerate it about half the time which was a shame, but I think this was to do with her first few months being an extended heat wave, and it was warm having her strapped there. I'll be using it for #2 next year, but that will also be a summer baby so I'll just have to see how it goes.

Heavenscent86 Mon 21-Dec-15 13:48:27

Hi thanks for all your advice. I have ordered the moby wrap I saw and hoping I will also get on well with it. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to put it on as well. I don't think I have a local sling library so unfortunately that's out but if I don't get on with this one the close caboo will be my next port of call as it was the other one I was looking at anyway.
Poocatcher thank you so much for the offer of buying your red one. If I hadn't found the one I have ordered I would have taken you up on that one. I hope you manage to sell it.

Tangoandcreditcards Mon 21-Dec-15 13:55:10

When is your baby due?

DS was born in Feb 2014, and I LOVED the Moby wrap about the house (cool basement flat) but it was a really warm spring, and by May it was too hot for me and DS out-and -about (effectively 3 extra layers).

I did use it on-and-off for the whole first 6 months though, and found it very useful.

poocatcherchampion Mon 21-Dec-15 16:33:40

Ha no probs - it is not the done thing to sell on here, but I have bought a few things in this way so thought I would pass the love on.

I hope you like it! And good luck with your baby

Heavenscent86 Mon 21-Dec-15 17:15:54

Hi my baby is due early April. So weather could be a heatwave or it could be cold. Hopefully we will find the wrap ok but if it's too warm I'll have to look into something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now