Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early pregnancy knicker checkers... UNITE!

(11 Posts)
prettyflowers111 Sun 20-Dec-15 08:59:25

So I've just found out! Eeep! So super happy, filled with joy and disbelief. But also worry and trepidation about getting too excited at this early stage. My own fault for testing at just 10dpo! I'm now around 4+1/2.... and I can't stop knicker checking! I'm like a deranged woman!
So anyone else in the same boat please come say hi.... There must be tons of knicker checking, toilet roll examining ladies out there!

Junosmum Sun 20-Dec-15 09:03:09

I'm 36 weeks and still check the loo roll! blush

Oysterbabe Sun 20-Dec-15 11:04:17

I'm 34+1 and still check the loo roll too.

BexusSugarush Sun 20-Dec-15 11:54:57

I was guilty of knicker-checking from first trying to conceive, through finding out, through the entire pregnancy. At 38+ weeks, when I have finally convinced myself all is fine, I now knicker-check for waters leaking/a show. It's one of the more embarrassing sides of things they don't tell you about pregnancy; the next 36 weeks of your life will be knicker-checking. Congratulations!

Mslg Sun 20-Dec-15 12:06:42

Yep me too! Yesterday I even paid 20p to use the train station tolilet because felt super wet down there which fed the paranoia. Turns out it was just a load of the white stuff. I'm 7 weeks and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks 2 years ago, so am a little anxious.

prettyflowers111 Sun 20-Dec-15 16:34:43

Thank heavens I'm not the only one! It's just such a worry.... but I guess what will happen will happen and no amount of knicker checking will help!

BuffaloCustardbath Sun 20-Dec-15 16:55:50

I found out yesterday and am also in disbelief and in a knicker checking frenzy! Have you posted in the August 2016 thread pretty?

BuffaloCustardbath Sun 20-Dec-15 16:56:22

Sorry that should have said 'August 2016 antenatal thread'

princesspineapple Sun 20-Dec-15 23:15:35

I still check now at 27 weeks! I also had a rather obsessive habit of POAS at least 2 or 3 times a week from my BFP at 4 weeks right up until I felt baby move around 16/17 weeks... blush

londonrach Mon 21-Dec-15 07:36:05

Enters and hangs around the back. I still take my always with me just in case. (8 weeks)

prettyflowers111 Mon 21-Dec-15 08:21:57

Buffalo no I've not! I will do though! Eeep congratulations to you!

Princess I've considered that but I Google it and the Hcg stays in your system so I didn't want to believe everything is fine when it may not be!

Lol London rach! It's so worrying isn't it!

We are meeting my in laws at the end of January, they live in Scotland, and would love to tell them then so I've used that excuse to look at privet early scans as I will be 9 weeks. I'd hate to tell them and then have something go wrong. There's a place near me that does them for £40 and gives you a 10% discount for booking online.

If only I can curb my knicker checking obsession for the next 4 or 5 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now