Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

13wks - Early Baby Blues? Emotional, ill and not myself

(7 Posts)
NikkiMichelle83 Sat 19-Dec-15 15:07:22

Hi,
I'm 13wks and not doing too well. Feel very blessed to be pregnant but feeling very teary, disconnected to the pregnancy, alone and constantly ill. Just don't feel myself. Hoping it will pass soon and life will feel a little more manageable. Just wondered whether anyone else has experienced feeling like this? Think my partner thinks I'm a little crazy! It's such a shame during what is meant to be such a joyous and happy time. I'm also a little reserved in telling people incase things go wrong, even though my blood and scan results have come back fine. Maybe it's a control thing and the fact that I'm very much out of control - body and mind.
Any words of wisdom/advice would be greatly appreciated xxxxx

Thanks,
Nikki

brookeberry Sat 19-Dec-15 16:16:39

Hi Nikki your hormones will be going crazy right now and everyone gets affected to differing degrees.

All I know from my own experience is that the first trimester throws everything at you, it can be overwhelming, but it seriously eases up as you move into the 2nd trimester - you're only just there! I'm 23 weeks now and feel very 'normal' now.

I was also reserved about telling people until I really believed it myself (around 16 weeks for me).

Sharing your thoughts and feelings here is a great help. It really helped me, and still does when I'm having an off day. Somebody will be along soon with maybe more practical help, but you are not alone, we are all going through this together. smile

aimees75 Sat 19-Dec-15 18:00:31

Yes I felt very depressed in both my first trimesters. Am now 29 weeks and feel fine, as I did in my first. In my experience you don't connect with the pregnancy until there is a bump and some kicking. Before that it is just biology happening.
I feel for you, I would hate to be back in my first trimester but you are at the end of it and things should hopefully start to improve for you soon.
Is there anything you can do to make you feel more connected to your pregnancy? I found watching one born every minute made me feel a bit more excited and also emotional but in a good way.
X

aimees75 Sat 19-Dec-15 18:02:02

I should add it was around week 13 that the depression lifted. X

Iammad Sat 19-Dec-15 18:09:00

I'm nearly 36 weeks and now and again I still feel like this.
I think it is normal, our body's are going through a lot to accommodate baby smile
If you feel like it all the time, or its effecting your life I would speak to your midwife or doctor though.

NikkiMichelle83 Sat 19-Dec-15 22:27:33

Hi Ladies, thanks so much for your feedback. It's really nice to know I'm not alone with it all. Such a funny time. But guess I just need to take each day as it comes and appreciate things might be a little up and down for a while. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. xx

AprilShowers16 Sat 19-Dec-15 23:06:17

I'm 9 weeks a feeling pretty crappy too tbh. Mostly just exhausted and then not able to do anything and feeling down or sad for no reason. I'm not looking forward to Christmas that much because I'm just anticipating being tired and low and trying to avoid telling people I'm pregnant.

I am grateful to be pregnant again quite quickly after a miscarriage but I am not excited like I was before because it doesn't feel like it will actually happen. But then when I think it might happen I feel terrified and think of i can't cope with being pregnant how will I cope with a baby.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, I was going to post a separate one buys yours was so similar thought i would comment and share my current experience too. Hopefully for both of us it will change when we get a bit further along

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now